PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Jeff Beck Tonight!

Robert
October 25th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Had forgotten he is playing Edmonton tonight. I called the box office, and low and behold - 3 tickets left!

I'm going with my drummer.

Leaving now - will report back later!

I'm so STOKED! :drool

Tig
October 25th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Lucky dawg! You will be in geetar heaven.

Spudman
October 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM
​omg!

Robert
October 26th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Whoa, that was awesome! He had Klon Centaur, a Snarling Dogs wah, HK Rotoshpere I think, more pedals I couldn't identify, a few Marshalls and his white Strats. It was strange that I didn't see any microphones on those Marshall 4x12 cabinets... hmm.

Killer stuff! I don't know how gets the tones he gets...

Does he use and autowah? Almost sounds like it, a lot of the time. Or perhaps it's just his incredible volume knob/whammy bar that's creating that effect?

I was sitting on the far left in comparison to the stage. It was a bit hard to see him at times - PA speakers covering the view. At the end, he walked over to the PA Speakers, and looked behind where I was sitting and said "cheers guys". I thought that was pretty cool.

His tone and playing - just amazing. I'm inspired for our Halloween gig on Saturday! :rockya

Tig
October 26th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Does he use and autowah? Almost sounds like it, a lot of the time. Or perhaps it's just his incredible volume knob/whammy bar that's creating that effect?

I was sitting on the far left in comparison to the stage. It was a bit hard to see him at times - PA speakers covering the view. At the end, he walked over to the PA Speakers, and looked behind where I was sitting and said "cheers guys". I thought that was pretty cool.

He uses the volume knob/whammy bar so smoothly and without effort, it is like breathing air.

The "cheers guys" shows how cool he is. Nice report!

oldguy
October 26th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Very cool. He is one of my favourites, without a doubt.

Glad you got to see him live, you lucky duck!:cool:

otaypanky
October 26th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I've heard that his playing lately has moved up to the next level. Apparently he's been woodshedding at Dolphinstreet.com lately and it shows~
:dude

I've also heard he plays through a Pro Jr and the Marshalls are for show

Spudman
October 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I've also heard he has amazing veins.

Glad you got to see him Robert (said with extreme jealousy).

Robert
October 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
The Marshalls were turned on, but there were no cables going into the inputs on it, and no mikes on the cabs. Why where they there? I read on another forum it appears the amps he are really using a further back on the stage, behind another pair of 4x12s turned the opposite direction. Could not see these amps of course.

He had a great warmup act too - Tyler Bryant http://www.tylerbryantmusic.com/ very impressive young man! Hot player and you guys should check him out. He played for a bit during the encore with Jeff. Hot stuff!

Does anyone know the story behind his arm bands that looks like he put his arm through a can?

Spudman
October 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Tyler used to be an Ernie Ball Musicman endorsee. Now he's with Fender. You can find some of his old videos on You Tube and he played a Luke.

Zip
October 26th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I thought he still uses a ring modulator...?

Robert
October 26th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I thought he still uses a ring modulator...?

You may be right, I didn't see all his gear.