PDA

View Full Version : Fugget previous posts: THIS is my next buy--Reverend Warhawk HB!

kerc
November 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Reverend Warhawk HB. In blue, just like this one.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/guitars/stage_king_series/warhawk/warhawk_blu.jpg

I went a couple of days ago to the Reverend website, on a whim. I hadn't seen these babies! And the price! Just $469. So I opsted about this at Cyberjammin.com and it happens that a forumite who is a partner in a music store has these guitars, and by chance he had on stock exactly the one I wanted.

Then another forumite who works near that store offered to go there and give it a test run. He played it through five different amps (this guy has boutique stuff, gigs regularly, and knows his stuff). His words?

Hey Kerc, I just played your Warhawk...Buy it...very sweet classic humbucker tones with a Fendery neck. Low action, pretty good setup and very playable. I played it through a Rivera Chubster 40, Quiana Studio, Fandango 55 and handbuilt 18 watt Marshall clone...all classic sounding amps. I'd say you'll be happy if you buy it based on your description. I'm at the store now posting this...

:D

So now I arranged with the store guy to leave my Warhawk alone 'til I get my Christmas bonus next week.

I'm stoked! :DR Here are the specs of this nice guitar:

BODY solid mahogany with raised center section. 18-1/4" x 13" x 1-5/8" (center) x 1-3/8" (wings).
PICKUPS two Reverend humbuckers, output/tone calibrated for each position.
NECK bolt-on, maple, amber tinted satin finish, gloss black reverse headstock.
TRUSS ROD dual-action, access at headstock.
SCALE 25-1/2".
FINGERBOARD rosewood, 12" radius.
FRETS 22 medium jumbo.
NECK PROFILE medium oval.
NUT 1-21/32" (42 mm) width, graphite.
TUNERS Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners with staggered heights.
BRIDGE TOM w/ stop tail.
CONTROLS custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way.
WEIGHT approx. 7.5 pounds.
STRINGS 9-42 unless otherwise requested.

Robert
November 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Suuhhhweeet! You can never go wrong with a Reverend. That baby look mighty purdy too. I think you will be a happy man once you get that one in your stable. Congrats in advance!

The only thing that I didn't like about the Reverends was the sharp edges of the body. I got bruised ribs after playing it for a while. Maybe this one is different. I am a pretty skinny lad too.

kerc
November 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I'm rail-thin (6' tall, 164 lbs.), but I have no prob with sharp-edged guitars...I've played Ibanezes and similar guitars, and the edges haven't bothered me. I think the Telecaster killed my nerves in that area.

:D

tot_Ou_tard
November 30th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I've been thinking that my next guitar will be a P90 equipped Reverend.

warren0728
November 30th, 2006, 06:32 AM
i've looked at the reverends too....seem to be quality guitars with a definate cool factor at reasonable prices....congrats on yours!

ww

Tone2TheBone
November 30th, 2006, 09:02 AM
There's a shop here in town that is an authorized Reverend dealer and I also admire them when I walk in. They're groovy lookin' geetars. Something that "The Reverend" himself might play.... :D

Robert
November 30th, 2006, 09:17 AM
You can be sure of getting quality stuff from Reverend. Their workmanship and attention to details is phenomenal. The necks on those guitars are quite fabulous.

Carlström
December 1st, 2006, 02:10 AM
Great!!!

now i got GAS for a reverend guitar and some strange puerto rican string instrument on the way...and it's all your fault.....bastard!!!

ooh and thanks :p