PDA

View Full Version : New Bass Combo and New Speaker Cabs

r_a_smith3530
November 29th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Well, I made a major change in my lineup tonight. Gone is my beloved Peavey Classic 50/410, a good friend for a dozen years. Also gone is my 220 watt Crate and its matching 4x10 speaker cab, plus the old TNT.

In a very bass-centric move, these were traded off, and in their place comes an Ampeg BA115 100 watt combo amp and a pair of SWR speaker cabinets, one a 2x10", and the other a single 15". These latter two will be powered by my Peavey MkIV Series 400 amp head.

I hadn't plugged into the Classic for several months. In fact, the last time I was playing around with a six string, it was plugged into the Mk IV because that was convenient.

So now I have a very capable amp for backing an acoustic guitarist in a small setting, and a practice amp to die for (the Ampeg), and then I have a quite capable rig for playing anything from small to medium clubs with a band (the Peavey/SWR).

Now, back to playing...

Katastrophe
November 30th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Sweet! Can't beat that Ampeg sound on the bass, IMHO. SWR is well known for making good products, and Peavey is always a solid choice. Congrats, man!:D