PDA

View Full Version : Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay

bcdon
October 28th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Any thoughts on Visual Sound's Dual Tap Delay (http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/products/guitar_effects_pedals/visual_sound_dual_tap_delay/)?

http://www.visualsound.net/images/product_images/V3DTD-top-blue-marble-LR.jpg

dgJhaSJoW8Y

zRwV3iTtIdE

Ch0jin
October 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Sounds good, and I can see being able to synch two delays via tap tempo to be a useful feature too.

However!

I just this very second, whilst about to reply to your post, received a courier package containing what I hope to be the finest delay pedal in the known universe! Sure, it's a "single" delay, but I already have a sensationally good sounding delay that I intend to pair with this new one....

If only it wasn't 10:41am and a work day....

Eric
October 31st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Sounds good, and I can see being able to synch two delays via tap tempo to be a useful feature too.

However!

I just this very second, whilst about to reply to your post, received a courier package containing what I hope to be the finest delay pedal in the known universe! Sure, it's a "single" delay, but I already have a sensationally good sounding delay that I intend to pair with this new one....

If only it wasn't 10:41am and a work day....
Timeline? DMM?

Ch0jin
October 31st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Very good guesses Eric! I'll write up a little NPD in a moment, but as I have PT2399 based delay I'm really happy with (I built the GGG PT80 Delay a few years back) I was looking at the whole tape echo thing and there's only one pedal that nails that from what I've heard.

The Strymon El Capistan :)

Imagine three kinds of old school tape echo, plus a tape style sound on sound looper, and a huge spring reverb tank. Then imagine that in stereo, and now in a tiny little box and you have the El Capistan. Sure, I know it's all done digitally inside, but after 30 seconds use, you do have to remind yourself not to open it up to look for the tape and motors. It's been modelled so nicely even the switches and buttons have analogue style reactions! Anyway...more in my NPD thread....

bcdon
October 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
The Strymon El Capistan :)

Imagine three kinds of old school tape echo, plus a tape style sound on sound looper, and a huge spring reverb tank. Then imagine that in stereo, and now in a tiny little box and you have the El Capistan. Sure, I know it's all done digitally inside, but after 30 seconds use, you do have to remind yourself not to open it up to look for the tape and motors. It's been modelled so nicely even the switches and buttons have analogue style reactions! Anyway...more in my NPD thread....

I knew it! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your review.