PDA

View Full Version : Odd one: Joe Bonamassa plays, and so does Arlo Guthrie across the street!

poodlesrule
November 1st, 2011, 08:39 PM
Boston, this coming Thursday: Joe B plays in one theater, and literally across the street, so is Arlo Guthrie...!
Advantage Arlo, he starts 1/2 hour earlier!

Odd to me, but I am sure that has happened before, maybe with more striking pairings?

Note: I will miss the Arlo show... :thumbsup

Katastrophe
November 2nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Black Sabbath played on the same bill with BB King once... Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkees...

Quite a few years ago there was a restaurant in my area named "Alice's Restaurant." Arlo had a gig there, and did the whole song, start to finish, and a full set afterward. My dad went, and had a ball. I think I was working that day, and had to miss it.

Tig
November 2nd, 2011, 09:01 PM
This Friday, I'll be going to see Warren Haynes at the House of Blues. A few blocks away, Guns N Roses will be playing the Toyota Center, but I have no interest in modern GnR. A few miles away, Paul Reed Smith is putting on a clinic just an hour before. When it rains, it pours.

I'll stick to Warren. :thumbsup

helliott
November 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Nice to have such choices, but I agree with your call, having seen Warren and his solo band. Great show, not to be missed before he moves on to whatever is next for the man in motion. Hopefully he plays the super quiet solo at the end of In Your Wildest Dreams. He brings the 335 volume down really low, and you can hear the strings on the fretboard. Then he lets it go, and ...

duhvoodooman
November 3rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
Speaking of Bonamassa, I'm seeing him at the Beacon in NYC this Saturday night. Expecting the usual great show from Joe....