PDA

View Full Version : If the Tele hadn' t had its name changed from 'Broadcaster'...

tjcurtin1
November 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
...what would we be calling it for short instead?!? :what

Sorry, but the thought just occurred to me...

Tig
November 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Caster?
B-caster?
The Broad?

Ch0jin
November 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
In Australia I'm sure it'd be either "The Broady" or the "Broado" based on how we typically butcher the language ;)

Spudman
November 3rd, 2011, 12:24 AM
"I was playin' that Broad for all she's worth", "I was making that Broad sing", "Dig the neck on that Broad", "That Broad's got some twang", "I really want to get my hands on a nice Broad", "Check out that guy spankin' that Broad."

Yep, it would be a whole different world.

Ch0jin
November 3rd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Is "broad" still in common use? It never caught on in Australia AFAIK (we had Sheila), and I thought it was like a '50's ere American thing. Just curious is all.

Tig
November 3rd, 2011, 03:14 AM
Is "broad" still in common use? It never caught on in Australia AFAIK (we had Sheila), and I thought it was like a '50's ere American thing. Just curious is all.

We only hear it used in old 40's and 50's movies.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wWvqwrcyHpg/TWQuxky-qSI/AAAAAAAAAKU/4IJWXk5i7IE/s1600/Ingrid%20Bergman%20and%20Humphrey%20Bogart.jpg

poodlesrule
November 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
"I was playin' that Broad for all she's worth", "I was making that Broad sing", "Dig the neck on that Broad", "That Broad's got some twang", "I really want to get my hands on a nice Broad",

This reminds me of a recent bad-lip reading segment about a gentleman from Texas... if you have seen it you know what I am talking about!

Tig
November 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
This reminds me of a recent bad-lip reading segment about a gentleman from Texas... if you have seen it you know what I am talking about!

Yep, it was really funny! :rollover