PDA

View Full Version : new to forum

brewmandan
November 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
hey everybody! i've been lurking around some and this place might help me get back into playing again.
in my first year of comm. college about 12 years ago, there were several guys on my dorm room floor who played guitar just to play around. after a couple of months, i went out and bought an austin acoustic and picked up on a few things. after a couple of years, i was done with the whole college thing. needless to say, i haven't taken it out of the case but only a couple times in the past 10 years or so. i'm looking to try to remember how to play just for the sake of playing guitar around the house.

Robert
November 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome brewmandan! Glad you could make it.

Get back into it!

Spudman
November 6th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hi and welcome. Robert's site www.dolphinstreet.com is a good source of motivational material to start acquiring some licks.

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Welcome! I started just thinking I wanted to learn a few "cowboy chords" for around the campfire. It is a fun, positive way to spend some time.

Jipes
November 8th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Welcome on board Brewmandan, have a look at this great forum there's plenty of stuff to learn and discuss :thumbsup

Tig
November 8th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Welcome to The Fret!

oldguy
November 8th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hello and welcome. Thanks for the introduction, this is a nice place.

Brian Krashpad
November 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Welcome Dan! Lotsa cool folks and a great bank of knowledge/experience here. Have fun!

FrankenFretter
November 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Welcome aboard! And since nobody else has asked yet, and because I love beer, I have to ask about the "Brewman" part of your name...?

Brian Krashpad
November 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Mmm, beer...

brewmandan
November 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Welcome aboard! And since nobody else has asked yet, and because I love beer, I have to ask about the "Brewman" part of your name...?
"brewman" meaning that another one of my hobbies is homebrewing beer. got a red wheat lager in the fermtentor right now, plus i've been working on drinking a homebrewed irish stout over the past week.

FrankenFretter
November 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
"brewman" meaning that another one of my hobbies is homebrewing beer. got a red wheat lager in the fermtentor right now, plus i've been working on drinking a homebrewed irish stout over the past week.

Well, it's tough work, but someone has to do it. Good on ya!