PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bonamassa - Beacon Theatre, NYC - Nov. 5, 2011

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Great show by JB Saturday night at the Beacon in NYC. This was the second of his two nights there. Both nights featured 3 "special guests" who performed two songs each with Joe & band--Beth Hart, John Hiatt and Paul Rodgers. There was extensive filming going on, with a DVD of the two shows reportedly planned for release. Set list for Sat. night:

Slow Train
Cradle Rock
When The Fire Hits The Sea
Midnight Blues
Dust Bowl
The River
I'll Take Care Of You w/ Beth Hart
Sinner's Prayer w/ Beth Hart
You Better Watch Yourself
Steal Your Heart Away
Bird On A Wire
Ballad Of John Henry
Down Around My Place w/ John Hiatt
I Know A Place w/ John Hiatt
Blue And Evil
Sloe Gin
Walk In My Shadow w/ Paul Rodgers
Fire And Water w/ Paul Rodgers
Django/Mountain Time

Encore:
Woke Up Dreaming
Young Man's Blues

Amazing quality of performances from all, but I was really blown away by Rodgers, whose voice sounds very bit as good as it did 40 years ago! A great evening of world-class rock & blues.

poodlesrule
November 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Ah, a report finally!

Yes same quality stuff was here in Boston. Sans guests though.
I am still very new to JB, and that was a treat. Woke Up Dreaming.. is like magic!

There is an excellent set of pics of the Boston show on flckr.

A few notes:
- I had never seen or heard of plexi panels in front of cabs
- same with JB bobbleheads for that matter.. (there was one on each amp head!)
- JB is running his official site and forum like a tight ship, and fans are quite dedicated, well-informed and connected!
- If you are at a rock concert of that caliber, please don't text the WHOLE time on your phone, just stay home (that's means YOU, the History teacher from Conn.!)

Spudman
November 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Holy Moly! Paul Rogers was there too?! I would have killed to see that show.

So isn't this the second time or something that you've seen Joe? I'd sure like it if he ever came around here. Probably never happen though.

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Fourth time, actually, going back to Feb. '09. Syracuse, Albany, Springfield MA, and NYC.

Tig
November 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, sounds like you were treated to a top notch concert! DVD coming!!!

I was really surprised just how good the Bonamassa/Hart album is. She has developed some awesome pipes.

I'm usually not a huge Paul Rodgers (does my face look like Chuck Norris yet? :D) fan, but his blues singing is a secret gem.

poodlesrule:
- same with JB bobbleheads for that matter.. (there was one on each amp head!)

Warren Haynes had a little Yoda on his PRS amp that glowed from the power lamp... really cool!