PDA

View Full Version : being a guitarist in a band

kramerguitarsrule
November 7th, 2011, 09:44 PM
what do you feel about the band your in just say what your band members are like mine are cool i have a great basssest and a good drummer both are talented and i enjoy being in my band

NWBasser
November 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm a great basssest in my band.

The guitarists are badgers.

Don't feed or startle them.

Bookkeeper's Son
November 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
giving a new twist to run-on sentences.......

deeaa
November 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Mine aren't very good players really, but that's OK because we're not really aiming to get anywhere, just play and record songs for fun among old friends. I've known the guys for over 30 years or so...never played with them before this band, though. I wouldn't want to go on tours with them however, it always becomes such a drink-fest with them, I mean, when these guys start with a few beers, they're likely to continue on for a full couple of days till they find themselves passed out somewhere having lost their wallets and whatnot :-) but we have great fun now and then drinking and playing anyway. I could post a cellphone video from one gig we had, the day after, on a 200 mile drive home they consumed a few big bottles of liquor in the morning (I don't think they ever slept that night) and kept singing these idiotic songs and, well if you've seen annoying orange and can imagine what it'd be like when drunk, you know what it's like traveling with them :-)

But, that's how it is in bands. You have what you have; I've never changed a band member just because I could have gotten a better one in his stead. Never will either. Likely that will always keep me from getting anywhere with my bands but that'sjust the way I like it, I would not want to be famous or play for money anyway.

Eric
November 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
But, that's how it is in bands. You have what you have; I've never changed a band member just because I could have gotten a better one in his stead. Never will either. Likely that will always keep me from getting anywhere with my bands but that'sjust the way I like it, I would not want to be famous or play for money anyway.
I like this post a lot.

NWBasser
November 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM
giving a new twist to run-on sentences.......

No kidding!

That was almost complete incomprehensible nonsense.

player
December 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Back in the day I was both the Lead Guitarist and leader of my band.all five of us including the lead singer played at least two instruments.those were the days.a demo was cut before our breakup or what we refer to as being rudely interupted