PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hey My My

stingx
November 8th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Rebuilt my PC over the past weekend and incorporated a 4TB NAS. While moving files over I found this. I have posted videos of other tunes from this concert we did but I don't believe I ever posted this.

Anyway, apologies for the poor audio quality. It was captured 20 years ago with an old-school camcorder and the sound wasn't from the board - just the built in microphone. Oh, that's me sporting the John Oates 'stache and chameleon Kramer. :)

Y12D-qch4Hw

R_of_G
November 8th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Awesome.

I lived in New Brunswick 20 years ago. Should have seen you play.

Incidentally, that particular song will always remind me of New Brunswick. One night my friends and I were on our way home from the bar and encountered a guy with a guitar busking on the corner. He was playing "Hey Hey, My My." I don't recall what country he was from, but someplace in South America. He didn't speak a word of English conversationally, but he knew the words to every Neil Young song.

stingx
November 8th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks, RoG! This performance was from Rutgers Newark Campus. I did frequent clubs in New Brunswick though...the Roxy was a pretty cool place. You still in NJ?

Duffy
November 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Everybody was digging that performance. Great song and true to form.

Commodore 64
November 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Awesome.

Was the lead singer wearing grey sweatpants? If so, double awesome.

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I love your old vids! I remember one other one you posted I really liked. Is that one still around? This one is great. Always a fun song to wail away on!

R_of_G
November 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks, RoG! This performance was from Rutgers Newark Campus. I did frequent clubs in New Brunswick though...the Roxy was a pretty cool place. You still in NJ?

Moved to Tampa, FL in 1992.