PDA

View Full Version : Recording Experiment

Lev
November 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Just playing around tonight with a few different recording options and came up with short song idea. It's the first time I've tried multi-tracking guitars to create a bigger stereo sound. It's also the first time I tried to come up with any riffs in drop D and my first time using Jamstix 3 drum software. To add to an evening of experimentation I also added some cliched samples that you'll hear. All in all though I'm quite please with this, I mixed it through headphones so it may be a little muddy, I might need to remix tomorrow when the kids aren't in bed :-)

http://www.box.net/shared/28iiqln2tb0h4m79im2c

Eric
November 11th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'm just listening on puny laptop speakers, but I thought it sounded great. Nice experiment!

helliott
November 11th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I didn't find it muddy at all, and loved the big guitar sound. Very cool and a funky riff, too

Lev
November 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Gonna try get some more ideas down and experiment a bit more over the next few weeks. Would love a POD HD and a proper bass to help the recording process. Both on my wish list for when my budget allows.

stingx
November 13th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Lev, I thought that sounded GREAT! I like that riff a lot. Work this one through, please, and post when completed.