PDA

View Full Version : How I fixed the SG neck heaviness

deeaa
November 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--FWIqySrZuc/Trv9Iv09xPI/AAAAAAAAEck/jGMIleOxUPw/s640/IMG_20111110_183028.jpg

While swapping the passives to EMG's on my SG I decided to do something about the slight neck heaviness of it.

I took a .40 (10mm), long drill bit and drilled two about 1" deep holes in the back of the body from within the control cavity...then I just pushed two .40 S&W bullets (just the bullets of course not cartridges:-) in the holes. They of course fit snugly. Then I took a bit of tyre balancing lead and used its own tape to glue it over the holes. For extra security I screwed a small screw thru it so it is firmly in place and keeps the bullets logded in tight, and covered with some tape. Done. Now it's just a little neck heavy (but would alredy be quite OK to play) without any pups in it, so I'm guessing it will be just right once the pups and the 9v battery are in place!

On top of the guitar another set of bullets and tyre lead; it is a surprisingly small amount of weight it takes, when it's all at the very back of the axe.