PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, not again!

FrankenFretter
November 11th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Why is Sean up before 7 AM Pacific Time on his day off? Looks like another kidney stone. The pain woke me up at 6 AM...grrrrr...

I recently quit my soda habit, which was getting pretty bad. I had been drinking a lot of diet soda in order to at least cut back on the sugar, but the doctor tells me that diet is even worse than regular soda for kidney stones. The phosphates, IIRC. Word to the wise; use soda in moderation or not at all.

Robert
November 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear. Why just not use use regular water?

Never had kidney stones but I can imagine it is painful.

FrankenFretter
November 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear. Why just not use use regular water?

Never had kidney stones but I can imagine it is painful.

I do try to drink a lot of water. That's a real challenge when you're working and sometimes have to go several hours without a restroom break.

It is painful. This is, I think, the seventh stone to pass through me. It's been over a year since the last one, so there's that. The stones before this one were likely caused by eating Tums. I've broken that habit by getting a prescription acid reducer.

piebaldpython
November 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
You'll learn to LOVE to drink water. :thumbsup I haven't had stones since 2002 and I drink plenty of water. Mrs. PBP had a huge 10 mm stone that she had blasted 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.

FrankenFretter
November 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
You'll learn to LOVE to drink water. :thumbsup I haven't had stones since 2002 and I drink plenty of water. Mrs. PBP had a huge 10 mm stone that she had blasted 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.

Mrs. Piebald has my condolences. That's brutal. Sorry to hear that she has to go back.

I've always been a big water drinker. It's only during the last two or three years that I've strayed into drinking so much soda. There was a time not that long ago when I only drank soda as a mixer. Living with someone who loves soda and drinks it often usually causes problems for me. ;)

I'm currently waiting for a call back from my doctor. I'm hoping to avoid actually having to go in for an exam, since I know exactly what's going on and what to expect, and I don't feel the need to spend $15 to have the doc validate me, but I'm sure he'll have to see me since the 'scrips involve controlled substances.

NWBasser
November 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm currently waiting for a call back from my doctor. I'm hoping to avoid actually having to go in for an exam, since I know exactly what's going on and what to expect, and I don't feel the need to spend $15 to have the doc validate me, but I'm sure he'll have to see me since the 'scrips involve controlled substances.

I think that's pretty much a guarantee for those happy pills. You may as well make the appointment.

Tig
November 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hang in there. I hear kidney stones are a b--ch!

poodlesrule
November 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.

Sometimes they can just hand around the kidney, as I was told about mine.
Matter if size, of course. I do not remember the litho procedure being that much of a deal. Ah, modern technology.

Bookkeeper's Son
November 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Sean, I know from my older brothers years-long problem, that it absolutely sucks. I hope it gets better real soon !!!!