PDA

View Full Version : Oregon - For Your Viewing and Listening Pleasure

Bookkeeper's Son
November 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Oregonians have a lot to be thankful for

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ihV-ddTPvBQ

bcdon
November 11th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I love Oregon. I'm going to buy a holiday cottage there sometime in the not too distant future. I wish Bend, OR were about 2 hours closer to me because I'd love to get a place there.
Thanks for the video.

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2011, 11:21 AM
i used to live there during law school. At first, I missed Puget Sound so much, I wished the ice age had lasted longer. But I sure grew to appreciate it. Nice place! Before we decided to move to SV, we considered Hood River or somewhere near.

I especially like Portland, (though it needs salt water), the Bend area, including Sisters, and the coast. I would like to explore the Blues more too. We drive through them every time we drive back to Tacoma from Hailey.

FrankenFretter
November 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for that, Ron.

Like Steve, I missed the Puget Sound a lot when I moved here from Washington. I do still miss the saltwater, but we're only an hour from the coast, an hour from Portland, an hour from Eugene and an hour from Bend. It's a pretty good central location.

There's still a lot of my adopted state that I need to experience. We live within 30 minutes of approximately 40 wineries (something like that, anyway). I need to do a winery tour one of these days.

NWBasser
November 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for that, Ron.

Like Steve, I missed the Puget Sound a lot when I moved here from Washington. I do still miss the saltwater, but we're only an hour from the coast, an hour from Portland, an hour from Eugene and an hour from Bend. It's a pretty good central location.

There's still a lot of my adopted state that I need to experience. We live within 30 minutes of approximately 40 wineries (something like that, anyway). I need to do a winery tour one of these days.

Sean, I bet I've seen more of the state than you!:poke

Quick inventory:

Coast from WA to Lincoln City.

Medford.

Bend (several times).

Crater Lake.

Baker City.

Hood River and general Columbia Gorge area (most of the waterfalls).

Of course Monmouth, Salem, Portland, etc.