PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

GregL
November 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'm new here but been playing guitar and bass (self-taught) for over 30 years. I've never really had the cash to buy any high end gear such as Gibsons and such but if it's a low budget piece of gear then I've probably have tried it. Mostly by buying an item at an online auction, using it for awhile then selling it so I have the cash for the next piece. I've been doing this for about 10 years now. I think I'm all set on the experimenting though. I've recently got an Epi LP Special II and it is great imo. I have gotten away from drowning my sound in tons of effects and now I just like to use a wah and a Marshall practice amp with some reverb now and then. (Marshall MG15DFX).
Here's a very short example of this gear..and my playing. I hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJdcRaPYsKQ

FrankenFretter
November 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Welcome, Greg! You'll find a few of us here that are frugal with our gear purchases, myself included. Great playing, by the way!

progrmr
November 12th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Cool playing!

Welcome - and I too don't buy the expensive stuff. I have purchased a few expensive guitars and basses in the past but ultimately those get sold and I always find solace in the "cadillac for the pinto price"

GregL
November 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys. This forum has tons of great stuff to read. :socool

Tig
November 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome to The Fret! Plenty of us frugal players here, so you'll feel at home.