PDA

View Full Version : mystery brt with lead

helliott
November 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I was cleaning up a desktop computer that was headed for the graveyard and found some BTs that I'd forgotten about. This one is very striking, I think, but I know nothing about its origins. It has been sitting on that failing hard drive for at least 5 years. Anyway, when I listened to it I was struck by something or other, and did this melody to it. Input welcome as usual. It's possible the Bt originated here, in which case I hope the composer won't mind my interpretation of the work.

http://www.box.net/s/hxp24oc09vainh0tdujb

Spudman
November 12th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I haven't heard that one before. Nice work and playing.

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I like that. Both the backer and the lead. The lead has a little Knoppfler, Brother in Arms, feel to it. Nice!

helliott
November 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. I posted the BT only in the thread next door. Hey, Steve -- just noticed you have lyrics from one of my favourite Bruce songs. Cool.

sunvalleylaw
November 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. I posted the BT only in the thread next door. Hey, Steve -- just noticed you have lyrics from one of my favourite Bruce songs. Cool.

:D Yeah, that is an old favorite. I started learning an acoustic guitar cover version, but put it aside. I should pick it back up. Very simple musically, but it is all in the timing and presentation. :)