PDA

View Full Version : Which foot for wah?

deeaa
November 16th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Just a quick Q - I just realized pretty much ALL multifx units etc. have the control pedal on the RIGHT side of things.
Then I also realized that I also keep the wah pedal pretty near first of the FX...

BUT I like to use the wah pedal with my LEFT foot not the right. Which foot do you guys usually use and any reasons or insight???

Ch0jin
November 17th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Right foot. I've never really thought about why, but I'd assume it's in a large part because I'm right handed. Also, that's the foot that's used to sitting on a throttle for 2 hours a day so I guess it's more accustomed to the motion ;)

deeaa
November 17th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I guess I prefer left, because I find it easier to stand on right foot for balance, than left.

Tig
November 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Right foot for the gas pedal effect.

http://www.mazdacarshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Zoom-Zoom.jpg

Spudman
November 17th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'm a righty.

R_of_G
November 17th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Right. The driving analogy has been made and it's apt for how I equate using a wah or any other kind of expression pedal.

Commodore 64
November 17th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I can't operate a Wah to save my life.

Eric
November 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I haven't used my wah pedal in a long time, but when I did I used my right foot.

cheapgtrs
November 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Another righty here.

deeaa
November 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I figured that'd be the case because all them FX gadgets have expressions on the right.

I dunno, I just feel somewhat more confident standing on my right leg, the left one is then more free to control stuff. If I stand on my left leg, the position is kind of awkward, because the guitar's weight is more on the right side...and because I always have the mic stand there, it's in the way if the wah is on the right, and I have to reach for it a little...sometimes I almost topple over when trying to use it then, and also have found it really hard to operate the push switch on the wah.

When it's on the left there's no obstacles and I can really even stand on it, and easily apply the power on the switch, and have a better footing.

Probably it has to do with the mic stand the most...and I grew up ambidextrous although I was made right-handed by force, so I guess I don't mind which foot I use control-wise either. Also will kick a ball just as well with left foot.