PDA

View Full Version : New Music Man guitar for Joe Bonamassa

Spudman
November 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
From Sterling Ball on 11/16/2011

"I am however making suomething very special......for joe as we speak"

This is exciting! A new Joe B Musicman guitar, and we'll be getting a new double humbucker Luke via Steve Lukather (whenever he approves the final design). Steve's already been playing a double hum version on his latest tours and Joe almost always pulls out some Musicman during a gig, but to have something special designed for him...that could be pretty awesome.

Katastrophe
November 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Is Joe leaving Gibby behind??????

Spudman
November 22nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Is Joe leaving Gibby behind??????

No. It's kind of funny though. Every time Joe is seen with a Music Man Gibson gets back to him with another custom guitar or more money. It's kind of like a game. I'm guessing Joe has a Gibson contract, but he may be working their paranoia to his betterment.

Tig
November 22nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Gibson (Henry Juszkiewicz) paranoid? Never! :rollover

Katastrophe
November 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
No. It's kind of funny though. Every time Joe is seen with a Music Man Gibson gets back to him with another custom guitar or more money. It's kind of like a game. I'm guessing Joe has a Gibson contract, but he may be working their paranoia to his betterment.

I imagine that Mr. Ball is getting his fair share of enjoyment out of this as well, if that's the case.

Spudman
November 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
I imagine that Mr. Ball is getting his fair share of enjoyment out of this as well, if that's the case.

He does speak rather mirthfully of the situation. He appears to have a great rapport with Joe.

poodlesrule
November 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Before and after seeing JB play up here two weeks ago (see here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N05/6314287916/), not mine), I looked up his official website.
It is very well put together in the sense that all angles are covered, from merchandise, to keeping the diehards fed with news, all done very decently. JB comes on the forum once in a while, with valuable stuff to say. There seems to be a "street team" and I could not make out if they were unpaid or not.
So, yes, I could see how Joe works the guitar-making crowd.