PDA

View Full Version : PR 350C Info wanted

malachi57
November 23rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, I bought a new Epi PR 350C in ebony new back in 1996. It was actually one of the nicest sounding guitars in the shop at the time. It has played well for years but started to notice that she wasn't keeping her tune for very long even with newer, a little more expensive strings. Anyway, I started to look into her origins a little and found at guitardaterproject.org she was made at an unknown facilty, was the first from her Model run, serial number E6040001, cool eh, April, 1996 but couldn't find any other info. She came with GOTOH tuning machines, has a beautiful tone and harmonics and the label on the inside of the body has no manufacture information, just a gaurantee by Epiphone of her craftsmanship. I was wondering if any of you with knowledge of these Epiphones or guitars in general could help me with a little background. Thanks, Charlie

lou
November 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Not sure what it is you want to know Charlie about your Ep, they were made from 1992-and they stopped making them in 1999, dread style,spruce top, tortise pickguard and should have a stylized E, mahogany back/sides/neck,rosewood fingerbaord with snowflake inlay, pearl crown logo/inlay with a single cutaway body.With todays prices you'd be looking at around $300.00 to replace yours in excellent shape. More then likely made in China at the Qing Dao factory.lou
They had a list price of $409.00 when new ( street price around $325.00 )