PDA

View Full Version : Daisy chaining pedals

tot_Ou_tard
December 2nd, 2006, 08:23 AM
What do you use to daisy chain pedals? I've got a PSA 120T adapter & I would like to run several pedals off of it. I don't need a pedal board as the pedals are staying in my basement.

This looks interesting:

http://www.pedalboard.net/cables.htm#

Any other suggestions?

t_ross33
December 2nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
I have a 1-Spot power adaptor and "chain" connector. Lots of power for my RP-80 and 3 or 4 other pedals as needed. Picked it up for about $30 CDN.

Tim
December 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
I also use the 1-Spot. It runs six pedals.

tot_Ou_tard
December 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Yes, I was looking at the 1-spot after I made my post. It sounds good. Thanks.

Spudman
December 2nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
What you end up using for power might depends on how many pedals you'll be running and their power consumption.

Usually you'll have adequate power with the PSA120's 200 mA output if running 2-6 regular Boss type pedals. However if you chain a lot of pedals together and they draw more or close to 200 mA when they are all on then you will notice the degradation in the quality of your guitar sound and effects sound.

Ibanez makes the AC309 adapter that puts out 300 mA. Or another option would be to have 2 Boss PSA120's. If you are running or going to run a Looper pedal then you may want it on it's own supply as they tend to draw a lot of power and so do some boutique pedals.

Just some food for thought.

tot_Ou_tard
December 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Spud, yeah I bought the PSA 120 to power my RC-2 looper. It draws 50 mA
so there should be plenty of overhead to run some pedals.

The 1-Spot does look good: 1700mA!