PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first concert tomorrow - 311

Glacies
November 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
311 has been my absolute favorite band since about '96. I'm not really a concert goer but when I found out they were going to play a really small venue in Richmond, I couldn't pass it up. Little nervous, but for me this is a lifetime first at age 28 so I'm also extremely excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkKy3E5Rx2c

Eric
November 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cool! I hope you enjoy it. My advice for a first-time concertgoer would be to bring some of those foam earplugs with you, just in case; concerts can get pretty loud.

bcdon
December 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Cool! I hope you enjoy it. My advice for a first-time concertgoer would be to bring some of those foam earplugs with you, just in case; concerts can get pretty loud.

Don't do that! Leave the ear plugs for when you are an old fart like me. The best part about your first concert (besides the buzz from ambient weed) is your ears ringing on the way home. Have a good time! :dude

Glacies
December 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Volume wasn't too bad - didn't take ear plugs. The DJ opening act was what messed up my ears if anything.

Concert was the coolest thing ever. Nothing like seeing your favorite band I guess. Awesome show and they played everything I really wanted to hear from them with some awesome solos in between. P-nut (bass player) had a wicked looking warwick with lit fret inlays that looked totally insane.

Anyway, definitely going to have to make sure I see them if they're anywhere near me. Even my wife was totally blown away by the show. Great venue too. The National in Richmond VA.

bcdon
December 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Anyway, definitely going to have to make sure I see them if they're anywhere near me. Even my wife was totally blown away by the show. Great venue too. The National in Richmond VA.

Glad you had a good time! Now that you have one concert under your belt, you need to kick it up a notch. Lamb of God (http://www.lamb-of-god.com/tour) is playing at The National on 1/24/2012.. I'd love to see them there! :dude

Glacies
December 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
The National was so small and personal, I really can't say enough about it. There are 5 bars really conveniently located throughout the place and there's not a bad spot in the house because it's so small. I spent the first set on the balcony in the seats with my wife (although we were standing up quite a bit) and then we couldn't take it anymore so we got down on the floor with her about 2 people back from the stage.

There are no assigned seats, it's first come, first served and I think I only spent like $40/ticket which is incredibly low to me.

Bookkeeper's Son
December 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Smaller venues are my favorites. Sounds like you went to a good one.