PDA

View Full Version : The waiting game.

SuperSwede
December 2nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Dont you just love the smell of fresh gear in the morning? I just bought a Roland sound module and Cubase system 4 (Cubase SL3 + Steinberg MI4 multichannel sound interface). I ordered the System 4 last monday and were told that I would receive it before the weekend. And did I get my stuff? NOOO. Damn liars!

*rrrring*

- "Hello, this is Slow Music Retail, how may I help you?"

- "(GIVEmeMYstuffYOUevilVORGON....) Yes, hello. I called about a order. I was told that I would get my stuff before the weekend"

- "Ah..well...actually we havent got the product"

- "You said W H A T ?????"

- "Well it was so popular that we had to order a new batch from the manifacturer..."

- "(IHAVEBEENWAITINGALLWEEKFORTHIS!!!!) Oh... gosh... You dont happen to know when I can expect to get it?"

- " *award winning smile on the other side of the line* Well, I can promise you that you´ll have it by the end of..."

- "END OF WHAT???...."

- "...The month...perhaps earlier but"

- " (DO YOU MEAN THAT I WILL SPEND THE ENTIRE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT MY NEW GEAR!!!?!?!?!?!?!)"

*beeeeeeeep*

At least I have my new Roland JV.. over 1000 quality sounds. I cannot record with it, but it will surely smell nice in the morning.

SuperSwede
December 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Got my System 4... of course it was a D.O.A unit.. And now its on its way to Germany for repairs. *sigh*

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM
What?!?! Those muthas! Sorry to hear bro. :\

Tim
December 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Ain't nothing sacred anymore. Geez, don't mess a man's gear!!! What a complete bummer.

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah.. I´m really upset that they didnt replace my unit instead of trying to repair it somewhere in Germany. And with Christmas coming up it might take a couple of weeks before I get it back.

oldguy
December 16th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Hey, SS, that kinda sucks...yea...but look at the bright side...you got lots of other stuff to play with 'till they get it back to you, right?:DR

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, but now I have the dreaded Gear Re-Acquisition Syndrome

SuperSwede
February 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM
*update*

My System4 is on its way to me. I got two nice Fender Vintage Voltage cables in yellow tweed for being such a nice and patient customer (yeah sure).

Tim
February 12th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Dang! That was a long wait. I hope all works fine when it arrives back home.

warren0728
February 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
'bout time you got it....hope the wait was worth it!

ww

SuperSwede
February 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah, crappy service!

SuperSwede
March 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
*update*

I got my Steinberg Mi4 interface back from Germany today. I got the upgrade to Cubase Studio 4 for free, and I previously got two Fender "Vintage Voltage" cables from the retailer. I love free stuff, and I´m really looking forward to connecting all my gizmos to the Mi4 and start creating again!