PDA

View Full Version : Voodoobloo....

duhvoodooman
December 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Recorded this over a very slow blues track in Gm that I found on GuitarBT.com. I really liked it because it wasn't just the usual I-IV-V progression, and had a very cool, bluesy organ track.

Played on my Strat, using the middle & bridge p'ups in series, which I refer to as the "super-quack" setting. As I mentioned previously, this has become my favorite Strat tone since adding this pickup combo through the "Strat Lover's" wiring mod (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1365). Played through my Vox AD30VT, using the Boutique CL amp model and no effects or pedals other than some reverb, to give as clean a rendering of this pickup combo as possible. Mic'ed the amp (Behringer XM8500 mic) directly into my PC's sound card and recorded over the backing track with Audacity.

Here's the link to the clip:

Voodoobloo (http://www.box.net/public/7e8v04ma3p)

Hope you like it! Tell me what you think, and be candid, please....

Robert
December 2nd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Nice, VDM! The Vox can certainly sound good as this shows, and you've got some tasty playing with feeling going for you there.

I recognize that song, what is it? Pink Floyd?

duhvoodooman
December 2nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
Gee, you got me! I just thought it sounded like a nice slow blues to play over. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a "real song", since many of the backing tracks at GuitarBT.com are exactly that.

Anybody recognize it? :confused:

Rabies
December 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
That is a great sound, with some good phrasing, DVM. That backing track strongly resembles "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin...basic progression wise. Well done, DVM!!

tot_Ou_tard
December 2nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Quackalicious Bloodoo! I love that sound, really sweet.

oldguy
December 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Can't say that I recognize it, but it certainly sounds good! Nice tone, great playing, very tasty!:D :R :DR
Glenn

ted s
December 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Beauti DVM !! ..................

Spudman
December 2nd, 2006, 04:52 PM
It's pretty much "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", but not exactly.
You did a nice job on it Voodoo.

Hogfullofblues
December 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
That was super quackin excellent!

stingx
December 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Very tastefully played with a laid back feel. Very nicely done. :R