PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger's Vintage Gibson Stolen!

Retro Hound
December 16th, 2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/bob-seger-stolen-1215-2011/

"A vintage 1978 Gibson guitar has been stolen from Bob Seger’s home in Michigan.

7 Action News has reported that a Gibson Les Paul has been taken from the home of rock great Seger and that it’s the guitar seen on the cover of his Greatest Hits album.

Police have announced that the guitar was stolen between August and October this year while Seger was moving. Police estimate the value of the guitar to be in the

$8,000 to $10,000 range, if someone tried to sell it.

Police in Orchard Lake, Michigan ask that if anyone has information on the robbery to please call the Orchard Lake Police Department or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP."

Spudman
December 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I know Michigan is pretty impoverished these days so I can understand the desperation to steal, but since nobody in the area has any money, who would they find to buy it? I guess you don't have to be too smart to be a criminal.

Eric
December 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I know Michigan is pretty impoverished these days so I can understand the desperation to steal, but since nobody in the area has any money, who would they find to buy it?
There is that whole internet thing I keep hearing about...

Spudman
December 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
There is that whole internet thing I keep hearing about...

For Sale: Bob Seeger's vintage Les Paul

Probably wont see that anytime soon.

Eric
December 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM
For Sale: Bob Seeger's vintage Les Paul

Probably wont see that anytime soon.
Maybe not, but I imagine someone might sell a '78 Paul to someone privately over ye olde 'net.