PDA

View Full Version : Fender 60th diamond anniversary Stratocaster

Robert
December 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
My local store has one of these on consignment. I played it and it's nice.

Anyone has any thoughts about the Fender 60th diamond anniversary
Stratocaster?

Robert
December 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM
It's USA made.

Sixty Years jeweled headstock inlay 60th anniversary stamped chrome neckplate US Vintage Reissue pickups Reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup Delta Tone wiring 2-point tremolo with stainless steel saddles Original alder body Modern C-shaped maple neck with satin finish Rosewood fretboard with rolled edges Pearloid dot position markers 21 medium-jumbo frets 3-color sunburst finish Parchment knobs and pickup covers Custom Silver Solarium case with embroidered dark red plush interior.

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Is that the USA version of the 60th ann series I have? I think it seemed like it was a nice guitar. I sure like my MIM version.

Robert
December 18th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Not sure what the differences are between the Mexico version you have, and this US made one I saw. It sounded really good this guitar when I tried it.

I got some GAS when I tried, I have to admit! My Suhr neck is quite a bit thicker, so this Fender was easier to play, with its "smaller" neck.

Spudman
December 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
The pickups are different between those two models. The made in Mexico has Tex Mex pickups. It's a really nice guitar. I've never had my hands on the one you found though. So...did you get it?

Robert
December 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Nah I'm probably gonna pass. $1140 is too much for a used one but since it's on consignment I may try to barter.

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Is it this one? http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN116000

Seems like a nice guitar, but also seems like they can be found for well less than that used. Good luck!

Robert
December 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Yep, that is the one.

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, that one was part of the same anniversary series as my MIM. It looked really nice at the time.

As you probably recall, this is the one I have: http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN146002