PDA

View Full Version : Funny Review - Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

Robert
December 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Looked for reviews for this guitar (US-made), and found this hilarious one.

Feature:
The whammy was a good looks addition, but I rarely use it. The pickups were great.

Quality:
When i got it, the polish was a little worn, and the strings weren't even on properly.

Value:
It is definitely worth what I paid for it. I paid $235, it may be worth even more than that.

Desirability:
I have seen better guitars, in fact I own better looking guitars, but the classic design to it is great.

Sound:
I don't have the strat version, I have 60th anniversaty starcaster. It is a great guitar, great for sound. The amp I used blew my first use though, so I felt a little ripped off.

Ease of Use:
This is probably one of the easiest guitars I have ever used. Granted, I haven't been playing long, and a Draco V or Les Paul will demolish it, it is a great beginner's guitar.

Support:
So far, i haven't had to contact the company, and I hope I don't have to.

Overall:
I will buy another guitar, no question. But until I get the money, I will deal with this one.

Eric
December 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I didn't even know they made a 60th anniversary Starcaster. Isn't that the model you tend to see in Target and Walmart?

Robert
December 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I don't know Eric - the reviewer is either 6 years old, or totally off his rocker.

Radioboy950
December 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Dustin...??? Dustin??? That you buddy????

deeaa
December 20th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Tig
December 20th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I just hope he can get screaming solos with it, and that his amph quits blowing "use"'s.
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/images/smilies/m_coffeespit.gif
Of course, a Draco V or Les Paul will demolish it, it is a great beginner's guitar.

Duffy
December 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Great post.

markb
December 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
I didn't even know they made a 60th anniversary Starcaster. Isn't that the model you tend to see in Target and Walmart?

Yes! All Fender guitars made in '06 got a 60th anniversary button glued to the back of the headstock. Some late '05 and early '07 serial numbers got them too. The pukka Anniversary editions got a special button with a diamond in it, an engraved neck plate (iirc) and some one off finishes. My 8502 tele' had a November '05 serial no. and a 60th button but it was NOT an Anniversary model.

The swing tags from my '94 strat' include a 40th anniversary of the Stratocaster sticker. It is not a 40th Anniversary model. I can see where the confusion arises