PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Eric
December 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone.

I was just musing about guitars and life and what not right now, and I want to thank everyone on this forum for making it what it is. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but rather about all of you. This forum has taught me an awful lot about guitars and life in general, and I consider several of you to be pretty good friends now. I just hope that someday I get to meet all of my friends!

And no, I'm not dying/moving/leaving/anything. It just seemed like as good a time as any to reflect on one of the things that makes me feel fortunate and to appreciate it for what it is. So thanks for sticking around this place and being such nice guys and girls. It really does mean something to me, even if it's only an internet message board.

Take care, everyone, and Merry Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate.

sunvalleylaw
December 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks Eric! I feel the same way about this place, and have welcomed your contributions and curious, explorative attitude. Helps make this place a good one!

R_of_G
December 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
This place is a gold mine of great people and good ideas. Personally, I wound up here randomly one day following links from a Google search on Marc Ribot's gear. I got into a conversation with DVM about one of his guitars, a conversation that eventually included an email exchange with Ribot himself. That was several years ago and I've visited The Fret almost every day since.

I'm glad you found your way here as a member Eric. The threads you start are often among the most interesting conversations going on around here as are your contributions to other topics as well.

Despite this being primarily a place to talk about guitar and music, I do very much value the ongoing sports conversations I have here with various members, including yourself.

Also, we like some of the same bands/artists therefore at least some of your musical taste is awesome. :)

mapka
December 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
I cannot say enough good things about this site. I also have made friends, gained knowledge, and even got a business started from being here!

Robert
December 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I cannot say enough good things about this site.

Well, keep trying, we like to hear it! Hehe :)

Seriously, thanks Eric and everyone else who is part of this friendly group. You guys rock (even though some like the blues...).

Bookkeeper's Son
December 21st, 2011, 06:32 PM
I generally don't hand out kudos lightly, but I also feel that this is a high-quality online community, very knowledgeable, genuinely helpful, a place for real music lovers. And it is all about music!

FrankenFretter
December 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
I am also feeling blessed to be a part of this great forum. To me, it's just the right size for it to feel like an extended family. I've made friends here, learned a lot, and even done some business with some of you. I drop in here pretty much daily, although I don't always contribute lately.

Happy Festivus Fellow Fretters!

otaypanky
December 21st, 2011, 10:33 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/d18c8577.jpg

Tig
December 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
I just sent a PayPal payment for another year's gold membership.

This mean you fools have to live up to some mighty high expectations in 2012! :poke

Robert
December 22nd, 2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks Tig, and I say it again - you guys ROCK!

jpfeifer
December 22nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks to all the friendly folks on this site who like music and guitars as much as I do. I was reminded how rare this group is when I got involved a music contest at another site recently, and saw so much personal bashing and mean-spirited behavior from some of the members there. It reminded me why l like this site so much and made me miss the friendly people here.

Have a great holiday everyone! Enjoy some time with your family, even if some of them are guitars ... make music and enjoy your friends, family, and good food!

--Jim

Commodore 64
December 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I agree with everything that has been posted here. I really do feel part of this community and I look forward to sharing many more projects with everyone. I've got a few irons in the fire right now including drilling out some holes in a Dean EVO for a new bridge and tailpiece, wiring my first push-pull pot for coil tapping the Dean, and also building my first cabinet and amp. Should be a fun winter!

kiteman
December 23rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
This is a good board. I don't see childish stuff going on here as I saw on other boards. Just knowledgeable folks from the four corners of the world.

Merry Xmas and let's jam! :rockya

helliott
December 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Just want to echo what others are saying: This is a needed respite from much of the garbage that passes as relationships at other music sites. Everyone involved should be congratulated for that, and we need to keep that spirit. This also reminds me I haven't made a contribution lately, so I intend to rectify that soon and encourage others who can to do so as well. I'm sure whatever you can spare will be used wisely and in the spirit of the forum: Music, conversation and fellowship. Special thanks to Robert and the other folks who do such a good job moderating, although it must help that general civility makes that work easier than it would be otherwise.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a safe, joyful New Year.