PDA

View Full Version : NGD! Epiphone Special

DeanEVO_Dude
December 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
I just could not resist... :dance

Ever since I'd seen the "new" Gibson Les Paul Jr and Special guitars with the P90 pickups at GC, I've wanted one... Just couldn't bring myself to fork over $800 or $900 for one... there was even an Epiphone one with a set-neck that I'd looked at longingly... but the price wasn't right. So, last night... no, back that up, yesterday, I was driving around and I decieded to stop at the local Englewood GC. Well, on the display, as you angle to the right (where all the guitars are), right in front of the door, a pair of Epiphone Les Paul Specials with P90s and a bolt-on neck. These are, as the tag reads, Guitar Center Exclusives. I picked one up (worn cherry finish) and started noodling around on it, unplugged. It felt prety good. One of the things I've liked about the Epi bolt-neck Les Pauls is how light they are, and this was no exception. But, like alot of guitars at GC, someone had broken off the toggle switch tip, and like alot of low-end guitars, the fret edges were prety sharp and sticking out, but I still wanted one. Anyway, on my way home last night, traffic headed south out of Denver at 5PM really sucks, so I stopped at GC, played it some more, and decieded right there, I was going to get one. So, I did! Worn cherry finish, fresh out of the box.

If you get a chance, check them out, they have the compensated wrap around bridge (like a Jr). If you can get past the tuners, and the bolt-on neck, it sounds prety mean... I plan to change the tuners out with a set of Wilkensen vintage style with the green keys, and maybe an adjustable wrap-around bridge but I might not do the bridge, since the one that is on there seems just fine. Anyway, to quote Gearmanddude, "I'm diggin' it!"

Scott :thumbsup

bcdon
December 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Congratulations!!!
http://blog.jonolan.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

DeanEVO_Dude
December 21st, 2011, 07:17 PM
LOL! I knew someone would do that...
I used to be able to post pics directly to the forum, but now I can't seem to... Is it because I don't have a "paid sponsorship?"
Anyway, I have a photobucket account (I think), so I'll put them there, and link to them.

Scott