PDA

View Full Version : blues

TODDR
December 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
just aquired a blues deville 4 10s , 3 speakers blown bottom 2 disconncected. have purchased 4 jensen mods and am curious about the extra black wire. is this just run to the same ground side between those 2 speakers it was attached to a white wire side on 1 speaker but others were taken off. also like to say hello to everyone . this is my first post. any help is appreciated. i dont think its a big deal i just want it to be right

TODDR
December 25th, 2011, 09:33 PM
got it just a positive jumper on the lower speakers , jensen mods seem great so far for an inexpensive speaker nice and clean.

Spudman
December 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
That's a great sounding amph...loud, but they sound great. I hope the Jensens are an improvement, but you probably wouldn't know since the others were blown.

TODDR
January 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
i tell you the jensen mod for the price sounds darn good but i think if it was to be ran hard they would not fair as well. for what i am using it for they are excellent , nice clean blues sound with a touch of breakup if you want. largest bedroom amp i ever owned. son paid 40 dollars for the amp i traded him my ibanez z 520 for it.even offered my mg50fx with it but he didnt want it says something about the marshall mg50. i,ll find some use for the marshall but not a very good amp

deeaa
January 5th, 2012, 03:27 AM
I played a DeVille for like 6 years or so, but the 2x12" version. It sure is a loud amp, and certainly well suited to clear tones, especially kind of 'snappy' clear tones...has loads of bite and presence, actually too much to my taste really...for $40 sure is a nice catch :-)

TODDR
January 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
yes it will replace my marshall which i cannot stand . i wouldnt even sell that piece of junk , between the fan noise which makes you switch on and off 50 times to make go away and the bad effects i cant believe marshall put there name on it. my fault tho more research would have provided all that info.

deeaa
January 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Yep it's their entry level el cheapo line...not proper Marshalls at all.

Marshall has made good SS gear too; JMP-1 preamp is essentially solid-state but a really nice preamp, and many like some old 20W and 75W SS series amphs for some reason. Actually the original Valvestate lines weren't half bad for the money, and some newer Valvestates can also yield surprisingly solid soundwork.