PDA

View Full Version : Dion?

player
December 27th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Remember Him? my new fave when I get to listening to music.
my top three are Nadine,Thunderer, The Son of Skip James

Very talented Rock artist Dion has released him latest CD titled Son Of Skip James and Wow! It's good.

It's a rare day indeed that one gets a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply is NOT a bad one in the bunch. No fillers at all, with each song standing tall on it's own.

One of the refreshingly nice things about this CD is the way all of the participating artists seem to be really enjoying themselves. Combine that with the overall presentation and you've got one of Dion's most impressive releases ever.

Listen to Son Of Skip James and I believe you'll find there's not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and Dion is clearly in top form. So much so that if you're even mildly into Rock music you'll enjoy this album.

the entire album is outstanding.All truly standout tunes Good stuff!

Son Of Skip James Release Notes:

Dion originally released Son Of Skip James on November 6, 2007 on the Verve Forecast label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Nadine

2. My Babe

3. Hoodoo Man Blues

4. Drop Down Mama

5. Hoochie Coochie Man

6. Baby I'm In the Mood For You

7. I'm a Guitar King

8. Thunderer, The

9. Interlude - Spoken Word

10. Son Of Skip James

11. Preachin' Blues

12. If I Had Posession (Over Judgement Day)

13. Devil Got My Woman

Personnel: Dion (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Rick Krive (piano); Bob Guertin (organ, percussion).

for those fortunate enough to own it they know what time it is. : )

R_of_G
December 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I grew up a big fan of Dion because my dad is a big fan of Dion and I was given little choice in the matter. When this album came out in '07 I heard Dion doing an interview on Terry Gross' Fresh Air. It sounded very interesting to hear Dion exploring his blues influences in this fashion. It's a very good album. I don't listen to it a lot, but when I do I remember how much I enjoy it.