PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Hallowed Be Thy Name

Rockermann
December 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Hey folks,

New video from Project-43 that we'd love to get your thoughts on. It's a true metal classic from Iron Maiden called "Hallowed By Thy Name". DeeAa did most of the guitar work on this one and what a job he did! He pretty much nailed it from beginning to end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwn4AlLCOjM

Thanks as always for taking the time to check it out and comment! ROCK ON! :dude

marnold
December 28th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Sure, not only does Deeaa do an incredible job singing as close to Bruce as any man can be reasonably expected, he even taught himself to play guitar left handed. Remarkable.

Hard to get more difficult song to cover than this one. Very well done. I have no idea what you do for an encore.

Rockermann
December 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks, marnold! Appreciate the kind words.

And I'm glad you pointed that out... I was going to mention that Dee was ambidextrous. :)

deeaa
December 29th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Funny as it is, I used to be a lefty when I was a wee kid...but not THAT ambidextrous ;-)

Commodore 64
December 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM
HOLY SH!T that was awesome! Seriously. That was freaking INCREDIBLE.

Rockermann
December 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Wow! Thanks, Commodore... Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for the props! Be sure to share the video wherever you can. :)

deeaa
December 29th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks...it sure was a fun project to do this song! One of my favorite songs from Maiden. My first choices would have been off Piece of Mind, though, something like 'Still Life' or maybe 'Where Eagles Dare', but maybe I'll get to cover some of those at some point :-)

marnold
December 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
How 'bout Queensryche's "Queen of the Reich" for the next one? If you can cover Bruce ("We need more cowbell") Dickinson, try your hand at some old-school Geoff Tate.

Commodore 64
December 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Queen of the Reich is an awesome song.

WHo played the solos in HBTN? I assume it wasn't deeaa since there were stills of someone else.

Also, deeaa your screams sound really good.

Rockermann
December 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM
That's a good idea on the Queensryche... We've (I should say Dee) have often been compared to them and their sound. I'd like to do one for sure some day. Queen of the Reich would be good to do as the production on that has always sounded a little lacking to me. It'd be cool if we could bring it up to snuff a bit.