PDA

View Full Version : New member Introduction

Hampus
January 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hey!

Now that I passed 30, and some, I'm taking up playing the guitar again. I first started playing when I was eight or nine or somwehere around that age but I never really learned the basics about music, just the guitar. Something I suffered from later. When in high school, playing in bands i discovered I had a problem (serious problem) with timing and rythm :dance that put me off playing until just recently. I only picked up a guitar a few times during the last 12 or 13 years.

Anyway, i'm starting from the basics and I think my problem is in my head, as I seem to do better with the timing and rythm when I'm a bit drunk :beer: go figure...

As my guitar, a very nice Fender Heartfield Talon IV was stolen last year, I'm now playing my old nylon stringed acoustic, for better or worse. If I ever find who stole my guitar I'll rip his arms off and beat him up with the bloody ends! :spank I'll get another one eventually though, when I think I deserved it.

That's me

/Hampus, Sweden

Tig
January 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Hampus! You have many fellow Swedes here, as well as many who have returned to the guitar after time away.

Spudman
January 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Welcome to thefret Hampus. Sorry to hear about the guitar. Those are pretty nice. Do you have any pictures of the guitar? We can help keep an out out for it.

Robert
January 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Tjena Hampus! Where are in Sweden are you? I am Swede who moved to Canada in 1999.

Welcome to the Fret!

Hampus
January 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hejsan!

Down south, Malmö. How's Canada treating you?

/Hampus

Robert
January 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Canada is great. Come visit!

I am from Umea originally.

Hampus
January 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Canada is on my list of places to visit. Umea is nice, although it's been two years since I was last there.

/Hampus

bcdon
January 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome aboard, Hampus! :dude

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Welcome Hampus!

oldguy
January 3rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Welcome!
Glad you joined our happy group.

FrankenFretter
January 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome aboard!

NWBasser
January 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome to TheFret Hampus!

Hampus
January 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Welcome to thefret Hampus. Sorry to hear about the guitar. Those are pretty nice. Do you have any pictures of the guitar? We can help keep an out out for it.

I wish I had pictures. The hard drive fell in the floor and broke. I had just backed up all my photos on it. More than 10.000 pictures lost :worthless I might have some of them backed up on an older HD somewhere though. It's a shame that it got stolen, it was an awesome guitar. It was a Talon IV from -91, Montego Black (black with discrete sparkles), Floyd Rose Pro Tremolo, 24 frets with shark fin inlays, with a small pink inlay above the bigger one on the 12th and 24th fret. Very fast slim neck, 17" radius and 25.5" scale length. DiMarzio humbuckers at bridge and neck and a single coil inbetween.

I remeber buying it as a teenager, I was maybe 16 or 17. I had an old Fenix strat that wasn't very good, but it was all I knew. I went to a local music store with the intent of buying a real strat and I saw this one sitting in a stand. It was second hand and in superb condition except for two dents on the top of the head. I asked to test it and after playing the lousy Fenix it was like seeing the light, such difference. It was priced at 5000 SEK ($700) in -96 or -97, sold new for around $1100 in -91. Too much for me, but I gave them the down payment and asked them to keep it safe for me, then saved up for months handing out around 2000 commerial leaflets a week on my bike. Probably the best guitar I'll ever own/hve owned. And now some one else is feeling her up :reallymad:

My next guitar (saving up again) will be a Hagstrom (Hagström) Viking. A totally different guitar but I don't play the same music as I did then. As for playability, I find that it matches the Heartfield quite well.

/Hampus

Edit: Info about, and pictures of the guitars can be found here: http://heartfield-central.com/