PDA

View Full Version : Reverb pedal

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM
How many of you think I should get one?

Right now I have a Wah...a Micro Amp booster pedal...2 Overdrives...2 Choruses...a Delay...and the Boss Looper pedal. My Marshall amph doesn't have reverb. I'm thinking of getting the Marshall Reflector pedal.

What do you guys think?

Or what other pedal or *thing* should I get?

Tim
December 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Do you need one? That is the question Tone. If you really need it, then you have justification. I figure the Looper would keep the GAS away for at least a week or two. Seems to me you still have it. It needs "Satisfaction"

Tinky-Winky
December 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Would it be impractical to get a reverb tank? I think they sound much better, especially when the amp is distorted. Otherwise, why not, since it makes your sound a bit bigger, and you can play around with the different types of reverb, which is always fun.

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Guys - Well I had some extra money from my birfday so that's why I wanted help spending it. I guess I could use a reverb pedal. Like I said my Marshall doesn't have spring reverb. It does have an effects loop so I could place it there and leave it on all the time...or put it on my pedal board and stomp on it when I wanted different types of reverb. My Classic 30 has a sweet spring reverb so it really doesn't need it there. I'm kinda torn as to whether to get it or not.

I don't like Phaser sounds so thats out. A vibe would be cool but...that's pretty much an isolated pedal...much like my wah which I rarely use. I guess that's why I'm thinking reverb pedal.

What else would you guys get? Gimme some ideas. :)

Robert
December 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Get a good rack reverb maybe? I'm gonna get a Lexicon for my Hellhound.

oldguy
December 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Lexicon would be good. The RP-250 came with ambience, studio, room, and hall by Lexicon and they sound good. A Lexicon rack dedicated to strictly reverb would have to sound fantastic!:R

SuperSwede
December 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Lexicon, in the effects loop! Reverb should be placed after the preamp.
Another fine reverb unit is the Alesis Nanoverb, very good reverbs.

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I used to have an Alesis Midiverb rackmount unit that I used for the Marshall. I sold it. Guess I should have kept it.

elavd
December 5th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I have the Digitech Digiverb but I am not so satisfied from the sound... I also tried the Boss RV-5 but I found it more or less the same with the Digitech (but with high price...).

I was thinking too of getting a rack type Reverb. The problem is that I have a full pedalboard and I think that messing up stompboxes with racks is a bit unconvenient... What do you think???

PS: these days, our band plays at a bar where Reverb is redundant...:) It is a tradional style bar where the walls are made from rock and the sound reflects awfully on them...
So, I keep my Digitech always off :(
At least I can keep my GAS for reverb calmed down a bit....:)

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I have the Digitech Digiverb but I am not so satisfied from the sound... I also tried the Boss RV-5 but I found it more or less the same with the Digitech (but with high price...).

I was thinking too of getting a rack type Reverb. The problem is that I have a full pedalboard and I think that messing up stompboxes with racks is a bit unconvenient... What do you think???

PS: these days, our band plays at a bar where Reverb is redundant...:) It is a tradional style bar where the walls are made from rock and the sound reflects awfully on them...
So, I keep my Digitech always off :(
At least I can keep my GAS for reverb calmed down a bit....:)

I can see your dilema. I'm not playing with a group at the moment but hearing a nice reverb with a little delay while playing at home (and on my new looper yeee hawww) it fills up my club (read house) beautifully. Only one of my amps has spring reverb.

I just thought of something. I'm already at 6 pedals on my pedal board. If I add a reverb pedal I'll have to use a battery somewhere as all my 6 power connectors are taken up. Spud gave me a solution to this somewhere I'll have to check back with my notes. I could just put a battery in the wah since I always unplug my guitar chord from that everytime I finish playing and use that connector for the reverb pedal. I'm thinking of getting the Marshall Reflector. So far I have 2 of their new pedals (the Guv'nor Plus and the Echo Head) and I really like them. They're quiet and the effects are nice sounding.

Tim
December 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Upgrade your 6 power connector cable to an 8 power connector cable. That leaves room for one more pedal. GAS attack is on the way.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Upgrade your 6 power connector cable to an 8 power connector cable. That leaves room for one more pedal. GAS attack is on the way.

But....but...but....

My power connector buss is attached to the pedal board. It's a metal LED lit assembly and yields 6 connections. If I jettison the system I have to jettison the whole board. Not guh doit. :o

Spudman
December 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
But....but...but....

My power connector buss is attached to the pedal board. It's a metal LED lit assembly and yields 6 connections. If I jettison the system I have to jettison the whole board. Not guh doit. :o

Not so. Get the Godlyke Distributing Power-all Cable-5 Daisy Chain Connector. It will increase the number of pedals that you can hook up by adding 5 more plugs to your existing power cable. Maybe around $10.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
AHA I knew you'd mention that! Thanks Spudster!