PDA

View Full Version : I have a request (a HR & SCS first)

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Someone record some tasty wah pedal tracks. I want to hear how good you are with a slow sweeped wah pedal. Sweep open....and sweep closed slowly while playing. I want to compare something....

oldguy
December 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Only two problems here.
1 " Record some tasty wah pedal tracks":confused:
2 " I want to hear how good you are":(
Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

warren0728
December 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Only two problems here.
1 " Record some tasty wah pedal tracks":confused:
2 " I want to hear how good you are":(
Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
+1000 i do have a wah wah pedal played around with it once and went back to plugging straight into the amp!!

ww :D

oldguy
December 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Not tasty, not good, but slow swept pedal, while playing, chukka, chukka,chukka. Nothing but guitar. OOhhh, the bare naked truth. Ouch!:(

http://www.box.net/public/vygnhjzhxa

Spudman
December 4th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Which pedal do you want me to use? The 535, Thomas Organ, or JH1?

Tone2TheBone
December 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM
OG - I'll have to try and download that file from home.

Spud - Use anything. I just want someone here to play a screaming solo while slowly sweeping through the wah frequencies full open (trebly) and full closed (muted bassy). No wah wah wah. I want wuuuuuuuahhhhhhhhhh wuuuuuuuuuoooooohhhh. I want to see how smoothly other people sweep the pedal to control a good wuuuuuahhh wuuuuuuuooohh. I'm having a little balance problem trying to keep one foot on the ground while I wah wuoh'ing. LMAO ;)

Spudman
December 4th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I'm having a little balance problem trying to keep one foot on the ground while I wah wuoh'ing. LMAO ;)

Um, two things. 1. you must keep one foot on the ground at all times 2. alcohol and wah wah's don't mix. LOL

So you want to see if sweep is affected by how a person plays the notes? Whether their foot subconsciously follows the notes and varies from a steady sweep? Just guessing.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 08:47 AM
So you want to see if sweep is affected by how a person plays the notes? Whether their foot subconsciously follows the notes and varies from a steady sweep? Just guessing.

YES exactly. I want to hear other's perception of how their foot is working in concert with what they're playing. It's easy to do wah wah wah up and down in tempo...it's a little trickier to sweep slowly down and then back up while playing a phrase or long solo AND making a nice sounding sweep without dipping too abruptly in either direction. Record a nice sweep. :)

Spudman
December 5th, 2006, 02:04 PM
This phenomenon changes depending on which foot I use.

I'm a right footed wah wah guy and have trained myself to be able to sweep without alteration with my right foot. It's hard to do and my foot will often move in spite of what I want it to do.

My left foot is not so trained and will actually sweep more consistently steady possibly because I haven't built any neural connections from years of use.

Good point to make us aware of how we approach some of the mechanical aspects of our playing.
And, yes I do put my pic in my mouth at times but I never chew on it.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
This phenomenon changes depending on which foot I use.

I'm a right footed wah wah guy and have trained myself to be able to sweep without alteration with my right foot. It's hard to do and my foot will often move in spite of what I want it to do.

My left foot is not so trained and will actually sweep more consistently steady possibly because I haven't built any neural connections from years of use.

Good point to make us aware of how we approach some of the mechanical aspects of our playing.
And, yes I do put my pic in my mouth at times but I never chew on it.

Yeah but which picks taste better to you......

;)

Actually I'm more affected with balance over the new looper pedal as it's sitting on the top row. My balance over the wah isn't bad and it's a much larger foot area...besides it's on the bottom row. Having to tippy toe step on the looper on the top row of your pedal board while you've got a Jazz Bass strapped to you, leaning against your pedal leg, and you're getting ready to punch in on that downbeat can be a little tricky. :D

marnold
December 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I just got my EX-7/wah. One thing is abundantly obvious: my limited wah skills have regressed to the point of nothing. Mayhaps I need to look into this "practice" business that all the kids are going on about.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I just got my EX-7/wah. One thing is abundantly obvious: my limited wah skills have regressed to the point of nothing. Mayhaps I need to look into this "practice" business that all the kids are going on about.

I know this is a home recording thread forum and my initial post was about getting one of these guys to play some wah but I was trying to make this point exactly. (Robert if you want to move this over to another appropriate forum go ahead)....but yes marnold it does take skill to get your ankle to move that pedal in a way that sounds like you know what you're doing. And doing the wide slow sweep of the pedal, both down and then up again while playing a certain phrase is what I am talking about. Stevie Ray does this nicely on a couple of versions of "Say What"...He'll be playing the lead and he starts out sweeping the pedal down on the treble side...keeps wailing...and then slowly sweeps it back to the bassy side on the same couple of bars. I can do wah wah wah no problem. Sweeping slowly and tastefully is not as easy for me. So practice you say? You bet.

marnold
December 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hehe. Mine is more of a spasmodic sprint from heel to toe at this point. I do like the Crybaby model so much that it really makes me want to use it. The Vox sounds nice too, but I think I'd have to tweak that one a bit.

zeusse
December 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I can throw something up for you tomorrow I gotta go and cry while I watch the hockey game right now but I got some wha on that Thin Lizzy tune it ain't much on that tune though

zeusse
December 5th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Here try this one until I can get some raw clips up for you I did this a few months ago in a forum challenge mid way there's some wha lead

http://www.box.net/public/5nsmccu27a

marnold
December 14th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I found this page (http://members.aol.com/tstrahle/team/wah/team7.html) which has some cool ideas/tricks for people who are trying to improve their wah-wah skillz.