PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Strobostomp

tot_Ou_tard
December 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I know you're gonna think I'm nuts, but I just received a Peterson Strobostomp from my Mom for Christmas (Thanks Mom!!!!).

I just received it & tuned up my Godin Raditor with the sweetened GTR tuning.
It was very easy to use. I did the following:

1) Neck pup turned waaaay down.

2) Tone knob all the way down.

3) Tune up toward the note with the strings stretched out and settled.

4) Pluck very gently with the finger at the 12th fret.

It might drive some people crazy, but I got the hang of it right away.

Man O man, was she sweet after that. It was an amazing difference.
I did some open chord finger picking and strumming...it just rang out with all the strings balanced and in tune. I don't know how much was due to the increased accuracy and how much was the sweetened temperament. I don't care. It sounded good to me.

I can't wait to intonate my guitars and then hear them.

Expensive, yes, but I can tell that it's worth it.

tot_Ou_tard
December 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Several days ago I intonated my Radiator using the Strobostomp. I used a method where the 5th and 17th frets are in tune with each other. It was not hard, but it took a little bit of time. I got it spot on, the strobe was *caged* (ie not moving).

Wow, I'm blown away! The sweetness and ringing clarity compared to what it was before.

Tuning is easy-peasey with this thing (at least for me). Easier than with my Korg chromatic. It's very satisfying when you get those bars stopped dead. Although a wee bit of drift works just as well.

Sure, my tuner cost more than either of my guitars. But it's Christmas & it's what I want & I'm happy! Now, that I know that it'll work for me. I got to go wrap it up & wait like a good little boy for the big day!

Robert
December 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Still liking the Strobostomp? Should I get one?

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Still liking the Strobostomp? Should I get one?
I love mine Robert.

I find it is a breeze to tune (I don't see what all the fuss is about).

I try different gauge strings from time to time & like to keep my guitars intonated. No problem with the Strobo.

My original Strobo (blue) was within the return period when I found out about the release of the Strobo II with Neutrik jacks and additional built-in tunings. The decal on my blue one tended to peel up.

I have had absolutely no problems with the Strobo II. It is my most important pedal.