PDA

View Full Version : Bought a dozen packs of strings $40

Robert
January 5th, 2012, 11:32 PM
$39.95 at www.stringsandbeyond.com - seems like a very good price to me, especially when you factor in Free Shipping to Canada! Yeah!

I use D'addario 10-46.

I finally did my once or twice a year string change on my Suhr. Wow, does it ever sound great now.... but that meant I ran out of strings, so a 12 pack is just what the doctor ordered. :bootyshake

Photomike666
January 6th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Looks good, will have to check their price on Ernie Ball Power Slinkys

Spudman
January 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I'm paying $10 less per dozen for what it's worth.

Robert
January 6th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Spud, for d'addarios?

Spudman
January 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Spud, for d'addarios?

I'm not sure who makes them but I can tell you that they have been more consistently good than the d'addarios I've used over the years. I've been using them for probably the last 15 years and may have broken 1 or 2 strings. No wobbles or ball end or wrapping issues at all.

Robert
January 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure who makes them but I can tell you that they have been more consistently good than the d'addarios I've used over the years. I've been using them for probably the last 15 years and may have broken 1 or 2 strings. No wobbles or ball end or wrapping issues at all.

So what's the secret brand and where do you buy them?

marnold
January 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Didn't he say at one time that he used Webstrings?

Spudman
January 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Didn't he say at one time that he used Webstrings?

Nope.

FrankenFretter
January 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I've had good luck buying from Strings and Beyond. I usually only buy when they have a good sale, though. Otherwise I use Webstrings, and I've been happy with them.

deeaa
January 8th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Hmm...quite a few manufacturers seem to make 9-46 sets, which is getting close to my preference. 9-11-17-30-40-48 is what I use.

If I swapped to regular sets, that would mean:
.17 > 16
.30 > 26
.40 > 36
.48 > 46

I wonder how much of a difference that would make really...it could just be the limit where it gets too slinky to play. I really like having a little thicker low end from a .11 set, but don't want the thick top end.

mapka
January 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I've had good luck buying from Strings and Beyond. I usually only buy when they have a good sale, though. Otherwise I use Webstrings, and I've been happy with them.

+1 on webstrings!

ZMAN
January 14th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Yes that does sound like a great buy for us Cannucks. I am paying 5.99 for those per pack.
It is really a bonus when you factor in the free shipping.
I doubt revenue Canada will bother with tax and duties on them.

$39.95 at www.stringsandbeyond.com - seems like a very good price to me, especially when you factor in Free Shipping to Canada! Yeah!

I use D'addario 10-46.

I finally did my once or twice a year string change on my Suhr. Wow, does it ever sound great now.... but that meant I ran out of strings, so a 12 pack is just what the doctor ordered. :bootyshake

Robert
January 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
They haven't arrived yet, so we'll see. I change strings like once or twice a year! I need improve on that...