PDA

View Full Version : Ea 250

G-Whiz
January 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I've got an Epiphone EA 250. Mij, full hollow, bolt-on neck, non-original trapeze tailpiece, floating rosewood bridge, last owner lost the pickguard, non-original knobs. I'm looking to maybe sell this and my Jaguar to get a second Gretsch.

This guitar plays, feels, and sounds great, I have no idea why people talk such crap about them on forums, it's just not for me, even though I love the idea of it. It's in great player's shape and very solid

What do you guys think would be a fair asking price on eBay?

G-Whiz
January 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
37 views and zero replies! Way to go, guys.

Commodore 64
January 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
200 bucks.

Katastrophe
January 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hello G-Whiz,

Do you have a photo of the guitar? What were these selling for new? I haven't heard of this model, so really can't give you an idea of a price without seeing it, and knowing a little about its history.

Algonquin
January 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'm not quite sure what you were expecting from Folks here with your initial post on TheFret. You've got a older bolt on neck guitar that is not that common... you'd do best to put it up with a reserve price and see what happens.

marnold
January 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Second post and you insult everyone here. Well played. Maybe no one replied is because no one knows? Would you like a worthless guess?

otaypanky
January 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM

You post something about some obscure guitar that's full of non-original parts, 'don't bother to post a photo, don't even say what the color or condition is, ask what people think it's worth, then down talk the members for not responding after 37 of them read your lame post and didn't respond?
What did you think would happen? Did you expect we'd do a search of completed auctions for you, compare instruments, solicit you for additional information, etc.?
As you say "Way to go guy"

G-Whiz
February 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
You post something about some obscure guitar that's full of non-original parts, 'don't bother to post a photo, don't even say what the color or condition is, ask what people think it's worth, then down talk the members for not responding after 37 of them read your lame post and didn't respond?
What did you think would happen? Did you expect we'd do a search of completed auctions for you, compare instruments, solicit you for additional information, etc.?
As you say "Way to go guy"

Wow, such hostility. Over what? A joke? But don't worry, I'm not mad. I would expect something like this from this forum, as I would any other internet forum. I didn't mean to talk anybody down or insult anyone, but you certainly don't have any trouble trying to insult me. I was just using that to bump my post.

If you were having a bad day when you wrote that, guess what? I didn't do it. I said it was in great shape, which I believe would mean it's in good condition, right? I can argue semantics all day long if you want, chief. And it's not "full" of non- original parts. The only non-original things on it are the knobs, bridge, and tailpiece. It sounds to me like you didn't pay much attention to the original post and decided to skip down one and give the second one your full attention. It's a shame, because maybe if you put as much effort in helping someone than being a smartass, then you could have told me a thing or two about my guitar, but just like every other forum, you just had to unleash on me.

I'm glad I didn't read this while I was in the hospital all month.

I'll be over in Gretsch Talk where folks are actually friendly and helpful and don't just freaking bite your head off over an innocent little bit of friendly banter. I won't be back here to take any more abuse. Good night, sir.

G-Whiz
February 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
And thank you to those of you that requested pictures and actually tried to give me advice without knowing anything about the guitar. I forgot to mention you in my rant. I commend you! However, the handful of gentlemen above that decided to go off on me has caused me not to want to come back here. It's not your fault!

Eric
February 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I just read this -- a pretty funny series of events. I think the occasional nutty person helps to liven up our forum every once in awhile.