PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen to tour in 2007?

Lev
December 5th, 2006, 06:57 AM
....although looking at this photo I'm not quite sure if Eddie is up to it...

Van Halen Exclusive: Summer Tour A Go!
November 7th, 2006

Van Halen Exclusive: Summer Tour A Go!
Posted by frankmeyer - Monday, November 06, 2006 4:46 PM

Last week, TheFeed ran a story about how Eddie Van Halen's spokesperson Janie Liszewski told TMZ.com that his son Wolfgang was officially the new bassist in Van Halen. Well, now TheFeed can confirm he's in the band via our own correspondence with Liszewski, as well as the fact that there will be a summer 2007 tour!

"Yes, I can confirm this story in the respect of Wolfgang being the new bass player for the band and yes he has been in the studio with his dad and uncle rehearsing and writing for an upcoming summer 2007 tour," Liszewski exclusively told TheFeed. "Wolfgang most certainly has inherited the Van Halen musical genius gene. At 15 years of age his knowledge, understanding, skill, and command of multiple instruments is impressive."

When asked about the rumor that the Van Halen boys will enlist original VH singer David Lee Roth for this tour, Liszewski said, "There has been no confirmation that David Lee Roth will be touring this coming summer."

She also confirmed what Eddie announced on Howard Stern last month, that Michael Anthony is definitely no longer in Van Halen.

So let's recap: We know that Eddie and brother Alex are rehearsing with Wolfgang on bass. We know that there will be a tour this summer. We don't know who will sing for the band yet, but we know Eddie is open to working with Roth (he said so on Stern) and that no one is denying that Diamond Dave could be the frontman. Hmmmm...interesting.

Tim
December 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
A picutre speaks a thousnds words. That is not a good picture of Eddie.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 09:27 AM
The pictures of him on the ads with his new signature Charvel Eddie Van Halen model don't look all that great either. Poor guy. Hard livin'. I mean REALLY hard livin'. Did you see the youtube video of him and one of those Country Singers playing in some parking lot or something? I winced when Eddie tried his two legged scissor jump. ("DON'T FALL ON YOUR ARSE!") His playing wasn't as on as he usually was. Yeah this should be interesting. I wish them luck though!

oldguy
December 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Not to digress, but, "harumph, harumph",
MANY years ago I read a description of Steven Tyler
"With those lips, he can outjagger Mick Jagger, they look like two slices of liver stuck to his face." :eek: "He has an incredible voice, however, and Aerosmith may become a very credible contender in the rock and roll arena."

From the photos of Eddie, I believe he may have outrichard'd Keef'!:confused:

I hope he will be with us many more years, he is an incredible talent and has had some really tough times, due to "hard living" or not, and we would be a much poorer world without him.

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Luckily Steven cleaned up his act years ago. The whole band did and look at the longevity they have attained. Their music just got better and better.

*laughs at the thought of outRicharding Keef* I wish Eddie many more years too. Even if he never changes at least he did what he wanted to do. But I also hate to see people deteriorate. Family members or guitar gods.

Lev
December 14th, 2006, 06:31 AM
..and here is the new Van Halen bass player (cringe :( )

Spudman
December 14th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I can just predict what critics and concert goers are going to say about VH after seeing them. I'm going to save my money and just sit back and watch the circus as it drives through town.
Alex must have some cajones to be going along with this especially if he thinks it will fly. And think about it...if this fails what would it do to David Lee Roth's career?:D

SixStringJoe
December 14th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Damn, what's the world coming to? :( That pic of Eddie reminds me of Clint Eastwood in the movie 'Million Dollar Babe'

To me VH was Sammy Hagar, Michael, Eddie & Alex

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 08:45 AM
To me VH was Sammy Hagar, Michael, Eddie & Alex

WHAT?!?! ;)

Volfgang eh? Cool. Poor Michael though. Eddie ripped him to shreds in one of the latest mags awhile back. Who's gonna do the high harmonies?

Lev
December 14th, 2006, 09:12 AM
WHAT?!?! ;)

Volfgang eh? Cool. Poor Michael though. Eddie ripped him to shreds in one of the latest mags awhile back. Who's gonna do the high harmonies?

I don't think Wolfgang's voice has broken yet so they'll be all set for the harmonies :D

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I don't think Wolfgang's voice has broken yet so they'll be all set for the harmonies :D

LMAO yeah you got a point there.

Big_Rob
December 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
I cant see David Lee Roth getting back with Van Halen. From what I understand about EVH is that he's a real prick to work with.

Spudman
February 21st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Van Halen On Hold
Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007

It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.

The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van HalenĀ“s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.

However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Lev
February 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM
..and it was all going well up to last week when the first publicity shot and interview with Roth was release http://www.bravewords.com/news/60623

...something tells me this will be off and on again several times before we hit the summer.

warren0728
February 22nd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Who's gonna do the high harmonies?
probably the bass player seein' that he hasn't reached puberty yet!! :D :eek: :eek: :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Well IMO it wouldn't be a true Van Halen reunion without Michael Anthony and DLR so....

You think any of us would let by gones be by gones and allow our original bandmembers to join us for a world wide world famous for all eternity reunion tour if we were a famous group like them and we were world famous virtuosos like Eddie? You think we'd just be cool and unselfish and unegotistical and give a nice present to the world? You think any of us could?

ShortBuSX
February 22nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
David Lee Roth's Myspace blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4751965&blogID=228927053&MyToken=d9278c48-e2ad-4f98-8f37-5daec94f13e8)

Another fan posted this in his comments section:

calm down folks..seems it is a rumour that it is not going to happen at all.

Melodicrock & the VHND address the Tour Postponement Rumors
February 21st, 2007

A new rumor has been circulating that says the Van Halen tour has been "indefinitely postponed". But don't worry - the tour will very likely still happen this summer.

Melodicrock.com issued a Van Halen update in response to the rumors yesterday, saying in part:

"I am told that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat. The band is unlikely to comment beyond the fact the tour will (at this stage) start later than originally planned. The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wolfgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth."

Also, the VHND's own sources are telling us not to worry and that the tour is indeed going to happen. We know that the date that the tickets were to go on sale has been pushed back from late February to sometime in March. We are hoping that the main reason for this delay is to coincide the official announcement of tour dates with Van Halen's March 12th induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Another rumor we want to address - we are surprised to see that some websites are saying that Van Halen is currently being managed by Eddie's girlfriend (Janie Liszewski/High Profile Media). While it is true that Eddie's girlfriend is the band's publicist, the band's manager for the last three years is Irving Azoff.

Make of it what you will...but I think its going to be great!
At the least it sounds like they might be jerking DLR around again...if not for the RnR Hall Of Fame show alone.

Spudman
February 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Anybody wanna bet on how many dates they complete before combusting and canceling the tour?

ShortBuSX
February 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Im gonna wager that they do the RnR Hall of Fame show and then screw DLR again...you know, just pump him up and then just "use" him for that one night.

Mark
February 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
I just dont think this crew can "go back" some things are better left as great memories of the glory days. I could be wrong.....time will tell. One thing for sure if you saw VH in their prime then go to see them on this upcoming tour I believe you might want to lower your expectations. Im sure they can be decent but not that firebreathing machine of their youth. Last chance to shake the old money tree.......

ShortBuSX
February 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
The Who did it! Even with a dead drummer!

I just heard on Sirius that the tour has been postponed due to Eddy's "mental space"...but Im not believing anybody just yet. I still think EVH will screw DLR over after the RnRHoF show.

On a somewhat related/unrelated note:
I always wondered why, with some many singer "issues"...why not just put out a couple of instrumental albums??? The band has always been SMOKIN! I dont really need a catchy chorus to enjoy VH...anybody else?

Also, I know its not popular to be a Sammy fan(Im really a Dave fan) but you gotta admit that the 5150 album was great! And Id (almost) put it up against any other VH album and itll hold its own...all great songs...cover to cover!

VH = America's greatest Rock n Roll group of ALL TIME!:R

Robert
February 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I heard the tour was canceled. They couldn't agree on the terms or something, so David is out, according to what I read.

marnold
February 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I think "temporarily postponed" is the phrase being thrown about right now. As mercurial as Eddie can be, especially if he's hitting the bottle again, "temporarily" can quickly become "permanently."

ShortBuSX
February 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I think cancelled too strong a word...I think that Rock n Roll Hall of Fame show is pivotal...I think dangling a tour in front of DLR is enough to get him to do that show, even if the terms are written on an etch-a-sketch. I think this Hall of Fame thing is a real big deal to EVH and the last thing he wants to be on that day is deffensive about his relationship with DLR and "why isnt he here?" or "it sure would have been great if..."

Lev
March 6th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Looks like they might not even attend the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction - Velvet Revolver to perform a tribute instead.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/velvet%20revolver%20to%20stand%20in%20for%20van%20 halen_1023798

Spudman
March 6th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Surprise, surprise, surprise. I never would have guessed that this would happen. :rolleyes:

duhvoodooman
August 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM
It's back "on" again....for the moment!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/13/vanhalen.reut/index.html

Robert
August 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Wow! They are coming to Calgary in Dec it says. Would be fun to see them!

zeusse
August 13th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I have the new Van Halen tracks with DLR and Wolfie on bass there quite good and Eddie did some remake versions which are quite peppier than the originals...