January 17th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Some here may be able to relate to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWUkHhYizpk

Duffy
January 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Have the old days all been forgotten?

bcdon
January 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
That was just great, Duffy. I've never heard that song before. Thanks again!

Tig
January 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
That was just great, Duffy. I've never heard that song before. Thanks again!

Same here. I really enjoyed it.
:thumbsup

Duffy
January 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I can relate to this song. And I can sympathize with it. I think Gregg Allman really nails the vibe with this song. This was written a few years before his liver transplant, but after he knew that the damage was done. It required musical genius and courage to write a song like that. I like song writers that write songs about things that they know way more than enough about, way more, maybe, than they should ever have known.

Duffy
January 24th, 2012, 06:18 AM
It's on the Allman Brothers cd, "Hittin' the Note", released in 2003, along with a lot of other great blues songs. In the event that anyone is interested in knowing what cd the song is on.

guitartango
January 24th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I can relate to this song. And I can sympathize with it. I think Gregg Allman really nails the vibe with this song. This was written a few years before his liver transplant, but after he knew that the damage was done. It required musical genius and courage to write a song like that. I like song writers that write songs about things that they know way more than enough about, way more, maybe, than they should ever have known.

I wonder if JL also knew something

Living on borrowed time
Without a thought for tomorrow
Living on borrowed time
Without a thought for tomorrow

Now I am older
The more that I see the less that I know for sure
Now I am older
The future is brighter and now is the hour

Duffy
January 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Which JL song is that from?

NWBasser
January 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
It's on the Allman Brothers cd, "Hittin' the Note", released in 2003, along with a lot of other great blues songs. In the event that anyone is interested in knowing what cd the song is on.

Great song!

Thanks for the heads-up on the CD. I'll likely get that one.

Tig
January 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I D/L'ed it, and yes, it is a good album. Thanks! It has all of the original ABB flavors.

I also found a bootleg from the mixing board, "The Allman Brothers Band - 11-26-2011 Philadelphia", that is excellent. It really caught me off guard on how good they sound live.

Tig
February 15th, 2012, 08:00 PM
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gregg-allman-memoir-my-cross-to-bear-due-may-1/

"Gregg Allman‘s memoir ‘My Cross to Bear’ is scheduled to land at bookstores and digital outlets on May 1. The Allman Brothers Band mainstay shared more details about the book on his official Facebook page.

The book pulls back the curtain on his life for the first time, with Allman telling all the thrilling tales of his adventures onstage and off. He goes deep about his several failed marriages, including his high-profile union with Cher. His battles with drugs and alcohol, which eventually lead to him having a liver transplant later in life, are also documented in the tome.

Additionally, his upbringing in the South is also discussed, offering a portrait of life in the 1960s with brother Duane during an intense time of racial and cultural transformation, which eventually impacted the music they made.

The motorcycle deaths of Duane as well as bassist Berry Oakley, which occurred but a year apart, also receive considerable space. Allman has lived a memorable life and this book certainly sounds like a page turner!"

msteeln
February 15th, 2012, 11:41 PM
including his high-profile union with CherThis should be a fun read. I was at LA's Troubadour for a week of 'payback' gigs by Gregg. The 3rd night (Wed.) was when he hooked up with Cher, and with the house band The Section he tore it up big time. The next night Gregg ambles onto an empty stage with his accoustic to an awaiting bar stool, sits down, brushes back his long locks with a big sweep and follows his arm backwards right off the stool and onto his head, out cold. End of gig. It was great!