PDA

View Full Version : New Marshall 1W models only available in 2012

deeaa
January 20th, 2012, 03:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2TDwMN7Tg&feature=player_embedded

Swheeet!!!

Ch0jin
January 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
What a cool idea! I'll take a JCM800 head, the JVM head, and the JTM combo please :)

That BluesBreaker and Les Paul combo looks amazing too.

I think this is the universe telling me it's time to try a little tube amp out. I couldn't take the looks of the EVJ, I was a little tempted by the champ, but a lil' baby JTM? Yes Please!!!

I went over to the Marshall site right away to investigate further. No pricing, but these little suckers are all hand made with finger jointed birch cabinets (the combos) and everything.

/me waits for the pain of discovering each 1W head is like $900 and the BB+LP combo is $20K...

Katastrophe
January 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM
What a cool idea! I'll take a JCM800 head, the JVM head, and the JTM combo please :)

That BluesBreaker and Les Paul combo looks amazing too.

/me waits for the pain of discovering each 1W head is like $900 and the BB+LP combo is $20K...

^^^^^^^This.^^^^^^

It's a killer idea, though!

tunghaichuan
January 21st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Very cool. I'd love to have the JCM head. For my needs, a 50W JCM800 head would be way overkill. And way to loud.

I wonder what output tube(s) they will use? My guess is either 12AU7 or 12AT7 for the output tube.

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM
It should come as no surprise to most of us that Tung is indeed correct ;)

I've already studied up over at the Marshall site and the JTM at least, has 2x 12AX7 and 1 12AU7

cebreez
January 26th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Im liking the JVM head!! And Rebecca!!:happy

guitarhack
January 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
:drool I guess I'll have to sacrifice food or shelter for one of those, but what a sound!

Tig
January 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Cool! A bit out of my price range though. Luckily, I'm happy with my Marshall-in-a-box PlexiDrive.

Ch0jin
January 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Price range? I couldn't find a price on the Marshall site. How much are they?

Tig
January 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Price range? I couldn't find a price on the Marshall site. How much are they?

I've read between $800-$900 US. We still need something firm to go by.
10 or 15 years from now, they could become quite valuable.

Ch0jin
January 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was afraid of. Vintage collectible pricing before they even become vintage collectibles...

I mean srsly. I tried out a H&K Tubemeister in a store the other day. 18W/5W/1W tube head dual channel, loop, footswitch and it sounds AMAZING! $700 Australian.

tunghaichuan
January 26th, 2012, 08:34 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was afraid of. Vintage collectible pricing before they even become vintage collectibles...

I mean srsly. I tried out a H&K Tubemeister in a store the other day. 18W/5W/1W tube head dual channel, loop, footswitch and it sounds AMAZING! $700 Australian.

They'll probably be snapped up by collectors and speculators. After the initial run sells out, I expect to see them on eBay for 2x-3x retail soon after. A few years later, they'll be made of unobtanium.

cebreez
January 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
We could just build one!!! Isn't that what the 18watt forum is all about?

Ch0jin
January 27th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Making amps isn't always an inexpensive business though. I'm slowly receiving parts from OS suppliers for my JTM45 build, and even though I already have a head shell and chassis, I've put about $750 into it so far. I still have tubes to buy too......

Note: I do appreciate that $750 is FAR cheaper than trying to buy a "real" JTM though. Just in the context of a 1W amp costing $800-$900

Anyway, I suppose I'll wait till the hit the stores and see what they sound like IRL.

deeaa
January 27th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Yeap, that's why I thought my Ceriatone was a steal at around $900 or so including postage from clear accross the globe...

cebreez
January 27th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I see a new future project. May take a while but me thinks I should pick a popular amp to build. Then go out of my way to get parts as cheap as possible. May even go as far as to build all of the transformers and chassis from scratch. I can already build the case. You guys may have to keep reminding me. Between old age and ADD I might forget or lose focus.