PDA

View Full Version : DigiTech iStomp

bcdon
January 21st, 2012, 12:12 PM
This is a pretty cool idea, a single stompbox that you can download new pedal applications to. "Future of the stompbox?" perhaps, but just not my future. ;-)

w9FGlfBoWys

Spudman
January 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
But you gotta have a phone or something equivalent, right? I'm staying old school all the way. Do you think in the future people will be looking for vintage iPhones to recreate those tones? I'm not so sure they will.

bcdon
January 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM
But you gotta have a phone or something equivalent, right? I'm staying old school all the way. Do you think in the future people will be looking for vintage iPhones to recreate those tones? I'm not so sure they will.

Probably. Can you imagine the prices of 1st generation iPhones will command in order to 'get that sound?' I'm with you on staying old school. I had a Line-6 M13 and, although it was just fine, never really liked it.

Spudman
January 21st, 2012, 10:46 PM
Can a person even get old iPhones? If you do, can you just use the processor in them or do you have to fully activate the service in order to use the apps?

cebreez
January 22nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
I am all for staying old school but...... I would like an analog pedal with all digital controls so that you could change your settings on the fly with a midi signal or computer preset. Like on the large mixing boards with the motorized faders.

bcdon
January 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Can a person even get old iPhones? If you do, can you just use the processor in them or do you have to fully activate the service in order to use the apps?
Sure you can, and probably pretty cheap on ebay. All you have to do is jailbreak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking) them. That said, might as well just by an older iPodTouch if you don't need the cellular service.

guitartango
January 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Another new gimmick for the Apple generation, much prefer a real pedal which doesn't suck your tone.

Eric
January 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
I'm all for technology, just not Apple for me personally. I do kind of agree with some of bcdon's sentiments though, in that it's very easy for me to get lost in the menus of the more complicated modelers. I think my attention span with gear needs something fairly intuitive and I need to set boundaries for myself when it comes to modelers or whatever that have 10+ amp models on it. It's too easy for me to flip flop between them and never really master any of the models.

That said, at least it's the progression of technology with this. I can't fault them for that, because it might spawn another idea that will eventually be applicable for me.