PDA

View Full Version : Bubinga knobs anyone?

otaypanky
January 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM
I bought these for a strat style guitar I recently put together. They're made of bubinga and will fit US size pots.
I ended up ordering some darker ones made of walnut that matched up better with my guitar so these little sweeties have no home, unless there is a Fretter out there that wants to adopt them.
If you have a home for them they're yours for the asking ~ send a PM

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/c848dfe5.jpg

cebreez
January 21st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Hey otaypanky! How much for the little gems? I would love to take them off your hands.

otaypanky
January 21st, 2012, 11:33 PM
That didn't take long, looks like they have a home

bcdon
January 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/c848dfe5.jpg

I wonder how they would look on the boogie! :dude
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3QIVZd-8ius/TcWShQn6usI/AAAAAAAAAEw/2tDT2g8_DiQ/s800/DSCN4257.jpg

marnold
January 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I wonder how they would look on the boogie! :dude

Pretty good--except you'd need 114 more.

bcdon
January 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM

:rollover

otaypanky
January 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Nice looking amp Don. I bet it weighs a ton too ~ :)
I'm sending them off to cebreez. They came from Guitarpartsresource.com
They have walnut, ebony, and bubinga, press fit
And I just recounted, I think marnold missed one

Tig
January 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM

Ut-oh, a case of knob envy? :poke

bcdon
January 24th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Nice looking amp Don. I bet it weighs a ton too ~ :)
Yeah, it does weigh a lot but I have casters for it ... but since my place is rather small, it pretty much stays put. I knew you sent them to cebreez I was just posting because I like bubinga...even the name is cool. ;)

bcdon
January 24th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Ut-oh, a case of knob envy? :poke

That's what she said! :dude

cebreez
January 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
More like amp envy! Nice setup bcdon! Soooooo want the extension cab for my Classic 30. I may have to put that back on the table for Spring.

bcdon
January 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
More like amp envy! Nice setup bcdon! Soooooo want the extension cab for my Classic 30. I may have to put that back on the table for Spring.

Thanks, cebreez! I really like having the extension cab. The only bad thing is that I can never crank this thing up without blowing all the windows in my spare room. One day I'll get it outside! :dude However, even without the volume, the two speakers sound just great. I'm also thinking about getting a new head and so can use the extension cab with that as well. Post some pictures when you put the knobs on!

cebreez
January 24th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'll do it bcdon! I love my Classic 30 but with only one 12" speaker it lacks the presence I'm used to in a 2x12 combo. Two 12's make for a bigger sound and not just a louder one. In a live situation I can get drown out really quickly by my buddies 2x12 unless I want to crank it up at which point I lose any hope for a clean tone without mic'ing it. I can mic the amp but unless I'm doing a big show...(rarely happens)... that makes for a way too complicated setup.

Ch0jin
January 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Haha no wonder we don't hear you asking about amps much Don. I don't think I'd be out looking at amps if I had a Mark V at home either!

cebreez
January 26th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Sorry bcdon... Just stole the pic of your amp and made it my desktop wallpaper. I really dig that amp!

bcdon
January 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Haha no wonder we don't hear you asking about amps much Don. I don't think I'd be out looking at amps if I had a Mark V at home either!
Yeah, I love this amp! That said, I'm really lusting after the new Mini Rectifier.. I know I don't need it but boy, do I want it! :)

bcdon
January 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Sorry bcdon... Just stole the pic of your amp and made it my desktop wallpaper. I really dig that amp!
Thanks! That is mighty nice of you. I should take better pictures because those were just quick snaps.