PDA

View Full Version : THIS is how you need to use amps at training!

deeaa
January 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EFQ3cLVnk_0/Tx1JKBkmTiI/AAAAAAAAEmo/hu25Kb3vGrs/s640/gallery716169582.jpg

You'll finally be able to hear the guitars, even though one amp was in the shop being repaired! Four full 100W stacks!

Yeah, that's me at the mic but not our facility.

marnold
January 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
I think I lost my hearing just looking at that picture.

Katastrophe
January 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Visions of the "amp scene" in Back to the Future are swimming around in my head.

Looks way cool!

deeaa
January 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
The room is small, too, square shape so there really isnt room for much else besides those amphs, just the drums right to my left and then another wall. Small vocal speakers.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Monkus
January 24th, 2012, 09:45 AM
whaaaat....? :D

Ch0jin
January 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Four full stacks and one guitar stand...

Someone likes to be heard huh.

Is that one bands gear or just a storage location? (also, looks very cold! I'm used to having the AC on full blast in our rehearsal space. It looks so strange to see you all rugged up at "training". (sub bracketed comment, I love that you call it 'training' rather than 'practice' or 'rehearsal'. Absolutely correct from a grammatical point of view I believe, but unusual in Australian English in this context.))

deeaa
January 24th, 2012, 10:26 PM
One band, a Motörhead tribute band...they play Loud! I was just leaving thats why have so much clothing...

Yeah, we call it 'training' here (treenit) which is usual for 'keeping up skills' or fitness too; rehearhals (harkat) are used more when practicing for some goal like an upcoming show or such, also in theatre and sports competitions.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

NWBasser
January 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Oh, Motorhead tribute. Then I'd guess that a couple of those are used for bass.

At least I think Lemmy uses Marshall guitar stacks for his bass tone.