PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Followed Me Home

F_BSurfer
December 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Went to local shop tonite to just kinda play around have been trying to make up my mind on a couple amps well salesman did it for me They were putting new demos out and the pro jr I had been in there playing numerious times he let me have it for $190 and some change after taxes. I just could not pass it up the amp is flawless.Hooked the washburn up to it and tone hevean for couple straight hours.Now maybe I can take apart my valve jr and do some mods to it.

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Got some pics? Nothing like new amps congrats!

Spudman
December 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Awesome Surfer. That sounds like a great deal and a great amph. Congratulations. Tubeified cha cha. Ka-ching!:D

Robert
December 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Kool! Told ya guys that is a fabulous amp!

F_BSurfer
December 6th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Not only is she kool she looks good too!!!
I stressed over this for a couple months trying to figure what amp to get it was between the pro jr and the palimino after the price drop made it real easy
Going to play at my works xmas party next Sat. gettin to geather with the guys I'm playin with Monday will see then if I'll have to mic it I think right now will be ok on its own but drummer is a hard hitter double bass setup.I did't buy this amp to gig with its for my living room ,far as that goes don't relly gig last one was a katrina benifit in 2005.I have it though and going to run through the mill.

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Blonde tolex and oxblood grill? Sweeeet. 10 inch speaker right? How does she sound? How many watts?

F_BSurfer
December 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
10 in speaker, 15 watts, volume and a gain and lots of sound,thing sounds just awesome

oldguy
December 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM
That is one sweeet lookin' amp! I think that is one incredible deal!:D

Spudman
December 6th, 2006, 07:16 PM
It's so cute! It could almost pass for a Peavey Classic 20.

F_BSurfer
December 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Well after a couple jam sessions and the xmas gig last night have to tell ya this amp is totally amazing . I can not believe the sound that comes from this little amp!!!!!!On the down side the tube retainer is total crap last session of the gig while playing Traffic's Dear Mr Fantasy broke a tube.When practice I noticed how much the tubes moved when the other guitar player was using the amp so I prepared an to an xtra set of tubes so was good to go.We were ask to play a 25th anv. party this coming Feb. it will be in a good size hall so might see how it takes to one of my marshall cabs for that one.

Robert
December 17th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Does it have a speaker out? That is one amp I would consider buying myself. I think I'd pick it before the Epi Valve Jr in a heart beat. I know quite a few blues pros use a pair of these amps for live use, miked of course.

F_BSurfer
December 18th, 2006, 04:50 AM
It just has the one line out for the internal speaker i'm going to have a standby switch and and external line out put on it plus new tube retainers