PDA

View Full Version : Goofy holiday fun

sunvalleylaw
December 5th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Here is some goofy fun for anyone who is feeling kinda brain dead and wanting to just goof off for a minute:

This if fun! And if you have the sound on it’s even better!!!

Click here: http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Spudman
December 5th, 2006, 10:10 PM
308.1 out of 15 tries. Best I could do and now I have index finger cramps. I gotta go walk it off.

sunvalleylaw
December 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
308.1 out of 15 tries. Best I could do and now I have index finger cramps. I gotta go walk it off.

HAHH!! My personal best is 319.15. I might have tried 20 or so times though. Kind of funny to watch them auger in beak first when you pop up. ;)

Tim
December 6th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I only got 318.5. Steve, your the lead penguin hitter so far.

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
As usual our dumb web filter has stopped me from having unnecessary fun while on the job....

Tim
December 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Are there any brother Fretters out there who are good with cracking computer code? Tone needs a hacker ASAP. He is missing out on the holiday fun out there in cyberland.

sunvalleylaw
December 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I only got 318.5. Steve, your the lead penguin hitter so far.

My guitar instructor, who turned me on to this thing, hit 322.9. He still must have better touch!! I guess that is why I am still in lessons. :D

Tone, sorry you can't get on. Just a silly time waster though. You'll be knocking penguins out of the park soon enough! :D

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
LMAO @ you guys. I can beat the Penguin in Super Mario so I think I can take those ones! But it will have to be from home. :)

SuperSwede
December 6th, 2006, 12:40 PM
This was fun! 308.6 was my record.

marnold
December 6th, 2006, 01:52 PM
323.5! I also had a 321.1. I've now wasted way too much time on that. It must be my use of Penguin-powered Linux that helped.

SuperSwede
December 7th, 2006, 03:31 AM
LMAO @ you guys. I can beat the Penguin in Super Mario so I think I can take those ones! But it will have to be from home. :)

I just got a craving for Super Mario Bros!!! And Sonic! And Ice Climber... I just love old video games.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I just got a craving for Super Mario Bros!!! And Sonic! And Ice Climber... I just love old video games.

My youngest has Nintendo DS with Super Mario and a bunch of other cool games. When I'm not playing my guitars or watching my music DVDs I'm found playing the DS. Oldest is getting the DS Lite for Christmas because we're tired of hearing them fight over my youngest's unit.

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2006, 09:42 AM

How about Asteroids, or Defender Stargate! I also always loved Pole Position.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
How about Asteroids, or Defender Stargate! I also always loved Pole Position.

I remember when I was going to college Joust was one of our favorites. We loved that game! We'd have joust tournaments all the time.

2 years ago we bought a hand held gaming system in the mall that has allll those old games loaded on it. Asteroids, Defender Stargate, Galaga, Galaxian, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong II, Pac Man, Mrs. Pac Man you name it. I think we bought it for 50 bucks or something. All those games were loaded on a pc board inside the game controller. Kids still have it.

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I remember when I was going to college Joust was one of our favorites. We loved that game! We'd have joust tournaments all the time.

2 years ago we bought a hand held gaming system in the mall that has allll those old games loaded on it. Asteroids, Defender Stargate, Galaga, Galaxian, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong II, Pac Man, Mrs. Pac Man you name it. I think we bought it for 50 bucks or something. All those games were loaded on a pc board inside the game controller. Kids still have it.

Some time (not yet) I might like to get that for the kids. I like the more innocent ones as compared to what some of their friends have. We don't have anything right now as a matter of choice.

SuperSwede
December 7th, 2006, 10:55 AM

I bought one of those megadrive with 6 games a couple of weeks ago... Sonic is still fun!

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Steve - forgot to mention that this controller plugs into a television. It also came with a gun controller to play Duck Hunt. :) It's cheap entertainment.

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I still have my original Nintendo system and about 15 games. I don't even have time to play at all. Still fun to try to get to the end of some of those games. It's enough for me.

When I got it I had just gotten off the road and had been feeding quarters into machines in bars. I would laugh so hard when I would die on Nintendo because all I had to do was press a reset button and go at it again. No more waiting for the bartender to get me change.

SuperSwede
December 8th, 2006, 04:12 AM
We have a NES somewhere too, but I think that its out of order... What was your favorite NES/famicon game Spud? I think mine was Ice Clamber or Mario 1

Spudman
December 8th, 2006, 07:49 AM
We have a NES somewhere too, but I think that its out of order... What was your favorite NES/famicon game Spud? I think mine was Ice Clamber or Mario 1

Mario Brothers of course and Metroid.
Listen to these reworked Metroid songs. Cool!
http://www.metroidmetal.com/songs.html

SuperSwede
December 9th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, Metroid was cool. I havent played the more recent incarnations but I might get it for the Wii when I buy one.

Iago
December 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM
i got a 320.5 in about 10 tries! cool little game :)

sunvalleylaw
December 9th, 2006, 08:41 PM
This is great. My guitar instructor who turned me on to the game will be flabbergasted to find that through the fret, it has now been played in places such as Brazil and Sweden. :-)