PDA

View Full Version : a few live from Boone's House of blues

helliott
January 30th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Here's our band, The Hammer Daddies, live from a local blues joint last Friday. Recording just through a Zoom -- captures warts and all. Pretty amazing wee things they are.

All Your Lovin

http://www.box.com/s/jh4n8p4ms2okc24uem3z

Boom Boom
http://www.box.com/s/qc3jy90bp676xai42641

Trouble No More
http://www.box.com/s/bcqskvbcvb4focl8bmer

Spudman
January 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds really good. I could even hear the crowd enjoying it. You guys are sounding really tight.:AOK

helliott
January 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks, sir Spud. We're working hard at sounding decent, and having a hell of a good time while we're at it. What could be better? (Well, money and chicks, but hey, we're so old we wouldn't know what to do with either!)

Spudman
January 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks, sir Spud. We're working hard at sounding decent, and having a hell of a good time while we're at it. What could be better? (Well, money and chicks, but hey, we're so old we wouldn't know what to do with either!)

Money? Why, to pay for medicine and Depends, naturally.
Chicks? Why, to help you get from your wheelchair on to the stage...of course.

:rollover

piebaldpython
January 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Good stuff.......nice and tight band. Who's playing slide?

R_of_G
January 31st, 2012, 08:48 AM
You guys sound great, just the kind of band I'd really enjoy seeing in that kind of setting.

helliott
January 31st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Money? Why, to pay for medicine and Depends, naturally.
Chicks? Why, to help you get from your wheelchair on to the stage...of course.

:rollover
Well-aimed, sir Spud. Wounded I am.

Don't forget -- money to buy an adequate supply of Ensure for the show, and girls to help us remember what it is we're supposed to do when we get money and chicks.

:thwap

helliott
January 31st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for listening Pie and RoG. Pie, the slide playing is -- gulp -- mine.

Tig
January 31st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Damn, that's some good sounding music, helliot!
Nice job. :applause

marnold
January 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cool stuff, Helliot. Thanks for sharing!

NWBasser
January 31st, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cool, sounds very good and fun too!

Yep, nice slide work for sure!

*&^% computer speakers, I can't hear the bass at all.

helliott
January 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks NWbasser. You'll have to listen sometime with a woofer. Mike's bass work is strong and quite dominant in the recordings.

NWBasser
January 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks NWbasser. You'll have to listen sometime with a woofer. Mike's bass work is strong and quite dominant in the recordings.

Excellent. I look forward to another listen when I get home from work to my better home system.

tjcurtin1
January 31st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Helliott - that sounded like a fun evening, all around! Nice work!

helliott
January 31st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks so much for listening and giving some feedback, Tj, marnold and Tig. I'll pass it along to the guys. Validation from fellow musicians is always a good thing.

marnold
January 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much for listening and giving some feedback, Tj, marnold and Tig. I'll pass it along to the guys. Validation from fellow musicians is always a good thing.

Might be a bit of hyperbole to call me a "musician," but I approve nonetheless :)

Eric
February 1st, 2012, 03:04 AM
I've only had time to listen to one of the cuts, but it sounds really great. Thanks for posting your stuff, Helliott.

piebaldpython
February 1st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Pie, the slide playing is -- gulp -- mine.

I like the slide playing just fine. I just prefer it a bit more prominent in the mix. I love to hear slide out-front. Good stuff by you and your mates.

helliott
February 1st, 2012, 10:24 AM
I've only had time to listen to one of the cuts, but it sounds really great. Thanks for posting your stuff, Helliott.
Thanks for listening Eric

helliott
February 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
I like the slide playing just fine. I just prefer it a bit more prominent in the mix. I love to hear slide out-front. Good stuff by you and your mates.

Thanks, Piebaldpython. Yeah, I was wrestling with getting the levels right between the two guitars. Like the Strat for slide, but it lacks the punch of the PRS. Since solved the problem, I hope -- gonna run hotter guitar through the clean channel on the Mesa and the Strat through the drive channel, with the drive barely open and the gain up a bit, also a higher output volume. Hopefully that'll even out the levels.