PDA

View Full Version : RIP Don Cornelius

R_of_G
February 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Don Cornelius, creator of the iconic television music show "Soul Train" has died, apparently by his own hand.

Some of the greatest acts ever appeared on that show and gave some great performances.

wztjtD4i02k

6Ptrc2cWRxU

Tig
February 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Don approached the local station with the idea of this show, but they wanted to produce it. He insisted it to stay his show and won. He was the first black man to have this much control and ownership over a television show, and it became very successful as it spread across the nation's markets.

RIP, Don.

marnold
February 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Had to be just about the coolest man ever.

R_of_G
February 1st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Been watching a lot of Soul Train videos on YouTube today. Cornelius had a huge impact on my love of soul and funk when I was growing up.

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM
I loved that show. Rest in peace Mr. Cornelius.

Katastrophe
February 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Brilliant man, entrepreneur, and he had quite possibly the smoothest voice in broadcasting.

RIP, Mr. Cornelius

NWBasser
February 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM
I never watched the show. I hated soul and funk as I was growing up in the old days. All I wanted was hard rock. A very shameful attitude for a bass player to have.

I've only began to start discovering everything I missed within the last five or six years. I have a lot of catching up to do.

I have to express a lot of admiration and respect for someone who promoted a style of music that I'm really enjoying these days.

RIP Mr. Cornelius.