PDA

View Full Version : Blogs again...

deeaa
February 12th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Hey,

I can\t view, see or edit my blog at all...

deeaa
February 12th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Oh...I realize now that since I'm a bronze subscriber only now, I can't access blogs...sucks though, now I can't even seen them again. Well, seems to me nobody much reads 'em anyway so probably it's best just to create regular threads instead. But honestly, it kinda pisses me off...I think I'll just have a little break from TheFret, see what else is available out there 4 free.

Eric
February 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
But honestly, it kinda pisses me off...I think I'll just have a little break from TheFret, see what else is available out there 4 free.
I agree. I donate just because I like the forum, but I think the punitive thing where you have certain features withheld if you don't 'behave' is pretty opposite from my style.

Robert
February 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
It's not a punitive thing - the intention was to motivate people to become Gold subscribers. This is a very common approach on forums.

However, I have caved in and enabled blogs for Bronze and Silver supporters.

Have a blast blogging! (and send large donations whenever you can. :) Just kidding. Sort of. :D )

deeaa
February 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks Robert!

I'm all for donations and also fine with subscription fees; of course it has to be financially sensible to provide a great service like TheFret is...what I didn't like or understand is why make contributing content something you have to pay to do? That seems counterproductive to me. If anything, there should be like free subscription for a year for every 1000 posts written or something, or some perks for making blogs instead, because plenty of content after all is what makes a forum work & stay alive :-)

omegadot
March 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Ooo, I can make blogs and like, stuff.

Edit: once paypal unf@#%$ itself I'll be donationing again.