PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Rich
February 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi there,

Names Rich (!). Been playing guitar about 10 years now but only recently starting to take it seriously. As in I'm looking at lessons online now, trying to learn some solid theory and technique bettering skills! I think I've probably picked up a lot of bad techniques as I've mainly just leant to play by ear and jamming along to backing tracks. I learnt my major, pentatonic, blues, and dorian scales thats about a far as my theory knowledge goes!

I love playing blues and classic rock, mainly play Gary Moore, Hendrix, clapton, zeppelin, srv, bb king type stuff!

I have a US Fender Telecaster and a not-so-great marshal crate practice amp, but currently looking at some good tube combos (Fender Deluxe Reverb is top of my list right now). I just ordered an Xotic BB Preamp pedal as well as I love the tone of their gain.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5198ec6e-1f8d-d9e2.jpg
Gotta love new string day!

I also have a Taylor bigbaby acoustic which is great :)

So that's my intro in a nutshell! Signed up to ask some advice on more specific topics and this looks like a great forum :)

Spudman
February 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Rich. Welcome to thefret. We've got a lot of info in our back pages so searching might pull up some gems for you. Otherwise, ask away.

Robert
February 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hey Rich, welcome!

sunvalleylaw
February 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Welcome Rich! I am pretty new myself in years of playing. Under 10, and only about 5.5 where I really tried to learn anything. This place has been a tremendous resource for me. I hope you find it to be so too!

Tig
February 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Rich!
Cheers from Texas! :beer:

FrankenFretter
February 15th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome aboard, Rich. Nice Tele! Good luck with your valve combo hunt!

Monkus
February 22nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome !!! :rockya

bcdon
February 22nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Rich, welcome to The Fret! :dude