PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, we're idiots. Help, Robert!

FrankenFretter
February 22nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Since my Goldmember status didn't renew automatically, I decided to fix that today by donating $20. I guess that's not the way to renew paid membership, since I still have the "regular fretter" status. I tried to send Robert a private message, but I can't even do that until I'm no longer regular.

Help me Robert! What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: Thread title fixed!

Robert
February 22nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Oh sorry. Lemme fix that for you.

You're not an idiot. The software automatic subscription did not work. I haven't figured out why yet.

Spudman
February 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
I just noticed that after I donated all my asterisks are gone too. Robert, can you fix me up too?

Robert
February 22nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
I just noticed that after I donated all my asterisks are gone too. Robert, can you fix me up too?

You have been repaired, Spud.

syo
February 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Robert, I've noticed that since I renewed, my hair has started thinning, I frequently forget to zip my trousers up in the morning and I've forgotten the name of the capitol of Oklahoma. Did I send too much?! Please advise.

By the way Sean, Goldmember was always one of my favorites. Especially loved Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore...;)

FrankenFretter
February 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Schmoke and a pancake? http://abeautifulsurrender.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/goldm.jpg

Thanks, Robert! I feel complete now.
;)

Spudman
February 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
You have been repaired, Spud.

Thanks Robert. I'm now in good company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n54qkQWfW90

marnold
February 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Apparently, I'm an idiot.
Well, admitting it is the first step.

But seriously, folks, how do I even check when my subscription thingy is supposed to come up or what I gave or anything like that?

Robert, I've noticed that since I renewed, my hair has started thinning, I frequently forget to zip my trousers up in the morning and I've forgotten the name of the capitol of Oklahoma. Did I send too much?! Please advise.
Hmmm. Sounds serious. You haven't tried starting your own guitar company, have you?

Robert
February 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
How you check is a good question, Marnold. I have not found the answer to that. I made some changes yesterday, so hopefully members with a subscription will be automatically charged a year from now. :)

marnold
February 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'll check my credit card statements. Unfortunately my bank's online system is down now so I can't check right now.

NWBasser
February 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Here's another dumb one; how do you donate if you don't have a PayPal account?

Eric
February 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
You sign up for a paypal account and then donate. :poke

marnold
February 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM

Good question. I don't _think_ I used PayPal. If I did, it's not going to work anymore because I killed my PayPal account.

mapka
February 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I tried to send Robert a private message, but I can't even do that until I'm no longer regular.

So does that mean you are now not only Goldmember but irregular also?

piebaldpython
February 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
I tried to used PayPal........and it wouldn't go through because it wanted me to give credit card info too. What's the deal with that Robert???? The whole purpose of using PayPal for me is so that I DON'T have to use my credit card.

bcdon
February 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
You guys ever hear of using a check? :)

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_303/1219879384F69CY3.jpg

bcdon
February 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
:rollover
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5e/Metamucil_Orange_Sugar_Free.jpg/265px-Metamucil_Orange_Sugar_Free.jpg

Monkus
February 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
this is why i love this forum !!!

Robert
February 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Oh my. Just redirect your entire paycheck to me and everything will work, I guarantee! :D

Regarding PayPal questions - I don't know to be honest. The subscription feature is via PayPal, and if you don't have PayPal, you can't have automatic subscription.

You can still send a check or money or diamonds or real nuggets of gold to

Vital Effect
6708-48 Ave
Camrose, AB T4V 4S3
Canada

and I will upgrade you to 007 GoldMember! :)

FrankenFretter
February 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
http://coopernicus.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/colonblow_2.png

I just had my monthly "Colon Blow". Now that I'm an official GoldMember, I can afford my treatments again!

Edit: Man, I miss Phil. And Chris...and John...

syo
February 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hmmm. Sounds serious. You haven't tried starting your own guitar company, have you?

:rollover

Reverend we base our hiring primarily on the level of an applicant's sense of humor. I think you'd make a terrific VP in charge of Repartee. Ever think of moving to Japan? :D

marnold
February 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Reverend we base our hiring primarily on the level of an applicant's sense of humor. I think you'd make a terrific VP in charge of Repartee. Ever think of moving to Japan? :D

Not until they get Godzilla under control, that's for sure! Plus, even though I've studied numerous foreign languages, I think Japanese would make my head explode.

Ch0jin
February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
You guys ever hear of using a check? :)

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_303/1219879384F69CY3.jpg

Whats a check? They used those back in the 1920's right? :)

Ch0jin
February 23rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
Not until they get Godzilla under control, that's for sure! Plus, even though I've studied numerous foreign languages, I think Japanese would make my head explode.

Godzilla is weaksauce. It was Mothra I was most afraid of when I was there. :)

Not that I can speak it with any degree of fluency, but I've picked up a bit of Japanese over the years (travelling there and working for a Japanese company for a looong time) and compared to most of the other Asian languages I've tried (Thai, Vietnamese, Khmer, Mandarin, Mongolian) I can honestly say Japanese was by far the easiest to pick up in terms of pronunciation. Unlike all the others I mentioned (except Mongolian, that is a freakishly hard language to speak imo. Imagine Arabic smashed into Mandarin and then dusted with Russian) Japanese doesn't seem to depend as heavily on tones which makes it FAR easier to use.

I can't read or write ANY of the Japanese forms though. I often found myself trying to match up the symbols on signs with the ones on my book to find stuff. It wasn't a huge drama though as at every touristy spot I visited, there always seemed to be a bunch of school kids on a trip, all keen to try out their English with the gaijin.